News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tunecu

Started by Ron in Buffalo, August 21, 2017, 02:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron in Buffalo

1999 Tiger 885i 40500 miles on it. I have own the bike for 4 years and put over 20,000 mile on it. Tuneecu is showing no code errors codes

My bike runs like crap. Got all the wiring issues taken care of however I reprogram ecu because I could not get rid of error codes. The program I had in it was/is 9888(sprint st/rs)

I know according to tunecu it is suppose to have

885 Tiger / Up to VIN 089736 / Sagem ECU MC2000 [​IMG]
9891Map.hexOEM md5checksum 885cc Tiger (up to 2000 model year) with standard exhaust
9892Map.hexOEM md5checksum 885cc Tiger (up to 2000 model year) with standard exhaust (with closed loop catalyst)
9893Map.hexOEM md5checksum 885cc Tiger (up to 2000 model year) with aftermarket exhaust (TORS)

I tried the 9891 &9892 it ran like crap. On either map it wouldn't idle evenly.

So I put the 9888 map back in it still running rough - it sputters on acceleration - but otherwise it will idle and maintain speed. Does any one have a map I they can send to me this is driving me crazy or suggestion what other maps I can try.

Again thanks in advance all help is appreciated. Ron

Mustang

send a pm to Bixxer Bob................................

he's the man.....................you could easily have a fubar'd ecu ............it happens.

Bixxer Bob

I replied to the PM, but as Mustang says, the ECUs do go tits up sometimes.  Its due to the holes in the undertray allowing water to get undet the ECU.  Asimple check is to remove the ECU from the tray (noneed to unplug it) and look at the back.  The ones I've seen that are dead tend to have a lot of corrosion on the underside and evidence of water ingress.

I also remember Chairhead having some of the pins in the ECU plugs melt due to corrosion so its worth having a look there too.  But don't get ahead of yourself,  do the simple stuff in the PM first.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Ron in Buffalo

Thanks Bixxer I'm getting closer to getting things daily in with your help.

Bigfeesh

When removing the electrical connector from the ECU you must be very careful and disconnect the battery 30 mins or so beforehand, cross connecting a live pin can be the deathknell for any ECU.  :^_^
Tiptop