News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

100K Miles

Started by HockleyBoy, August 22, 2017, 11:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

My current Girly ticked over 100,000 miles this morning on the way to work. Still running well, not burning oil and good to ride.

Not bad for a bike that cost just over £3k with about 10k miles on it a few years ago. No real spend other than service parts (in which I include Regrecs and stators  :icon_lol:)  new front discs and some clutch parts.

Will treat her to an oil change and new chain and sprockets at the weekend. Hopefully she will keep going for a good while yet!

Takes my Girly miles up to 160k in total

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Tiger-G

Wowsa, that is some milestone, well done that bike !  :icon_salut:

Wonder what the highest mileage Tiger on this site is ?? I'm on 49,000 on my 2006 '955.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Timbox2

Well done mate, fantastic
2016 Tiger Sport

Ron in Buffalo

Congratulations I hope I get 100k out of mine. I have over 40k on it now. Ron

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Ron in Buffalo on August 23, 2017, 01:58:07 AM
Congratulations I hope I get 100k out of mine. I have over 40k on it now. Ron

Ride her every day and change the oil occasionally, that should do it  :icon_lol:
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Not surprised in the least I see there's a Tiger forsale on eBay with 86,000 and you see any number with 60 odd,mine has just rolled over 42,I've ridden it quite a bit lately and it's running really well and not loosing any money either  :icon_biggrin:

Oh and just had a pair on 17" Dunlop Qualfiers turn up from M+P for £119 for it  :icon_eek:

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 23, 2017, 01:06:28 PM

Oh and just had a pair on 17" Dunlop Qualfiers turn up from M+P for £119 for it  :icon_eek:

Nice price for those of you with the right size wheels!

Timbox2

Quote from: HockleyBoy on August 23, 2017, 01:49:51 PM
Nice price for those of you with the right size wheels!

Jeez, Im losing it, Chris sent me a text about these tyres the other day and I thought the same. What bike have I now got? A Tiger sport with 17" wheels, DOH!!  :icon_rolleyes:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Thought your reply on the text was rather casual  :icon_lol:

Wilky

156,000 kilometers on our 03 Tiger and still going strong
Traveling around Australia on an unlimited time frame with my beautiful wife Diana on our 03 Tigger.

Timbox2

Quote from: Wilky on December 18, 2017, 08:49:14 AM
156,000 kilometers on our 03 Tiger and still going strong

Impressive, well done :><
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 23, 2017, 01:06:28 PM

No doubt they'll be grippy as a grippy thing, but will they last long enough for a trip to Spain and back Chris???  :*&*

Also, I was musing whilst accidentally decking the Explorer's right peg, two up,  on Pirelli Scorpion Trial 2s last summer, "What the f**k, exactly, do you do next"....?  I mean, with my usually conservative riding style, it's not something I have a lot of experience with.  I was surprised, amused, chuffed and frightened witless all at the same time.  Fortunately the corner opened out at about that time so no harm done.  I had to turn the intercom off for a few minutes though.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...