News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Header Guard and Headers

Started by Chris Canning, August 24, 2017, 10:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Got quite a decent result recently when cleaning such with Autosol chrome cleaner and wire wool and it didn't need too much elbow grease  :icon_wink:

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 24, 2017, 10:16:33 AM
Got quite a decent result recently when cleaning such with Autosol chrome cleaner and wire wool and it didn't need too much elbow grease  :icon_wink:

Just as well, that Elbow Grease is a bastard to find these days, for me anyway :icon_lol:

But seriously, think I used the same stuff on mine (No, not the new one) with a green scotchbrite pad. New bike still only gets a damp cloth every now and then :icon_redface:
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

I'd caution against using wire wool on anything other than soup pans. The steel bits break off and embeds itself in the alloy and will cause it to corrode faster. Better to use Scotchbrite pads, white supposed non scratch ones if you can, that does require an extra dollop of elbow grease though.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Misterplant

This seems an appropriate time to promote harpic power plus max.i think I heard about this on ahem another bike forum,was sceptical,but gave it a go after watching a you tube clip showing before and after footage.i have to say,the corroded,waaay beyond solvol treatment completely brown headers on my old Girly have come up as shiny metal again after a short soak and rinse.
It's supposedly a lime scale remover,but hasn't eaten the chrome for worried parties.a bit of solvol after brought the shine back.
I is properly impressed wide it. :icon_lol:

Sin_Tiger

Your headers should be Stainless steel so I wouldn't worry about it eating the chrome. I tried Harpic with limited success, I expect it'll depend what the contamination is in the first place. Keep it away from your alloy stuff and powder coating though.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bigfeesh

Harpic Blue, seems to do an outstanding job! Can leave a slight bog smell but at a steady 60mph it disappears somehow! :wheel
Tiptop