News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New (to me) Steamer!

Started by tankerman, August 27, 2017, 07:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankerman

As some of you know, I have bought Danwarbs mildly broken Steamer with a view to repairing and getting it back on the road. I duly flogged down to Brighton yesterday and met Dan, terrific chap, despite what people say! We put the bike on the trailer and strapped it down and I started the drive back. I didn't go far before I pulled over to tighten the straps down again and Dan, who was going the same way,remarked that it had still looked a bit loose.
Anyway, off I went again, but after two or three miles I thought I would pull over and change the strapping just to be sure. I strapped one side down and then released the other strap to move it around, upon which my new acquisition promptly fell over on its side, luckily (that is a relative term) staying on the trailer.
Bugger, I thought, as I surveyed the reposing feline, I'll soon have it upright again. Ha! I tried, twice.
I am paying for that stupidity today!
I rang Dan and grovelled, and such is the calibre of the man that not only did he risk a possible hernia by helping me get the bike upright again, but also went to a Halfords and got me a couple of extra straps, all without laughing, well, not that I saw anyway.
However, the rest of the journey was uneventful and tigger2 is now in the garage eyeing tigger1 and once I can move without pain I will start to see what's what. The Vmax is looking down its nose wondering who let the cats in!
Many thanks to Dan for helping to extract me from an embarrassing situation and being an all round good person.

London_Phil

Nice one Dan, and exiting news Dave...