News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pocono Rat-RAID PA

Started by kev187, July 06, 2006, 01:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev187

Anyone on the north east planning to hit this weekends Rat Raid in the pocono mountains PA?  I am heading up with a big group tomorrow evening, going to be sunny 70's day & 60's eve up there!  Much nicer than the last week + of terrible rain we have been getting slammed with here!!!

I just added a Garmin Quest II to the Tiger, going to put it to good use!

klrbill

Is there somewhere one may find details on the event?
Sincerely,

KLR Bill

kev187

Here are the details, should be a great weekend for it.  I am in NJ right now, rode here from DC last night, going to ride along the deleware water gap the whole way up to PA, beautiful out........

July 7-9, 2006

THE POCONO RAID

Some of the best motorcycle, riding can be found while winding through the mountains and along the natural sweeping curves of streams and rivers. Pocohanne, an Indian word meaning "A stream between mountains", this was the inspiration behind the name Pocono. In 2006 the Riders Association of Triumph will be blasting through the mountains and valleys of the Pocono Mountain region. The raid will be based out of the Pocono Manor. Known as the "Grand Lady of the Mountains" to locals, this Inn has been around since 1902, just like our favorite motorcycles! Located within reach of some incredible destinations such as Hawks Nest in Port Jervis, the Pocono International Raceway, and Bushkill Falls Ò the Niagara falls of Pennsylvania, and the only thing better than the destinations are the roads to get there! Some amenities of the Manor include golf, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays, bocce, indoor tennis, and spa. For lodging call the Manor at 800.233.8150 www.poconomanor.com. This weekend is a catered function and space is limited. Guarantee your spot by pre-registering in advance with RAT. To pre-register with RAT for this event, download the flyer from www.TriumphMotorcycles.com or send an email to mailto:ratamerica@triumphmotorcyles.com">ratamerica@triumphmotorcyles.com and request a flyer for this particular weekend.

klrbill

I'll tell ya what.  I didn't get out there but with more notice I would have.  Where's this kind of info. coming from?  Triumph's own RAT...that is, will I get this info. in the newsletter/mag that they are suppose to start sending post joining??

Thanks!!
Sincerely,

KLR Bill

kev187

Yah I dropped the ball on that, I had been meaning to post the raid info for a couple weeks now.  It was the last minute I thought to post.  My neighbor & good friend is the local RAT leader for DC, so he keeps me informed.  

I will get info for how to keep tabs on the RAT event.  I talked with Matt who is the RAT Triumph Representitive for the U.S. real nice guy, they move from region to region in the U.S over the summer.  

About 120 riders showed up, it was an perfect weather & riding up there was amazing.