News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

mirrors

Started by JayDub, September 04, 2017, 10:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Does anyone have a reliable method of removing the glass - intact - from an OEM steamer mirror? The type with a plastic body.
I don't want to trash another one.

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: JayDub on September 04, 2017, 10:35:11 PM
Does anyone have a reliable method of removing the glass - intact - from an OEM steamer mirror? The type with a plastic body.
I don't want to trash another one.
Nope. I busted mine. :BangHead

ssevy

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

JayDub

Nice, but I'd like to keep things standard. ... I'm a bit like Sin with his indicators :icon_confused:

tonytiger

I've never tried, is there any reason ? :5moped

Geoff W

I found hitting a Carrion Crow at 50 mph works. But I drew the line at digging out of the remains of the crow, so I cannot be certain that it was totally intact.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

tonytiger

A friend of mine smashed his on a sea gull :5moped

JayDub

Quote from: tonytiger on September 05, 2017, 04:47:06 PM
I've never tried, is there any reason ? :5moped
I have a nice extended mirror on the right, and a rusty standard on the left, I also have a good spare extended one with a broken glass, and therefore would like to make one good extended one to match... bet your'e sorry you asked now  :icon_wink:

@Geoff... It could only happen to you mate - when was the last time you saw an optician?  :augie

What is it with you lot? Crows, Seagulls, Nick trying to take out a sheep and Sin squeezing the guts out of dead hedgehogs... leave the wildlfe alone!

Sin_Tiger

And pheasants  :BangHead the only radon one of us hasn't head butted a Dodo is because they're a bit rare. When they perfect cloning direct from dna remains, I'll probably be the first one to add a Dodo to my road kill list.

How about soaking it in very hot water and trying to prise the inner ring out. Thought about it but never tried it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tonytiger

no I'm never sorry, I've always been nebby :5moped

tonytiger

JayDub

:icon_biggrin: Which region does that hail from then?

tonytiger

County Durham were men are men and so are women?

tonytiger

Did sought your mirrors JayDub :5moped