News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Weird "electrical fault"?

Started by Sidk, September 02, 2017, 09:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidk

This morning a took the steamer out for a nice drive up the coast to the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.. While riding there i turned on the lights at some point, and this caused the tachometer to drop to zero and all lights off as well as horn not working . when i turned off the lights the tach started working again.   :^_^

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sidk

No issues with battery. Bike turns over and starts fine.
I turned the lights on after about 30 minutes of continoues riding  :^_^

London_Phil

Water in relays behind headlamps?

Mustang

Quote from: London_Phil on September 02, 2017, 12:45:36 PM
Water in relays behind headlamps?

1. start here ........................you have a dead short in the lighting circuit .

2. the other place to look is for chafed tail light wires .

then look at the switch if no joy with @1 or #2

Sidk

thanks for pointing me in the right direction... I will have a look at the taillight assembly as it is most likely some issue with the taillight assembly.  as i was having an issue with the brakelight recently.. so its most likely related and too much of a coincidence... 

Sidk

Just a follow up,

there was corrosion on the bottom wire/connection of the rear light assembly
cleaned and sorted and have not had a problem since.

thanks everyone

threepot

Had a similar issue with mine recently. Bike would act as if the kill switch had been pressed for a split second when I turned the lights on. Cleaned relay connections(London Phil),and acf50,and handlebar switch. So far it's been ok.
95 Super111
96 Tiger