News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

should I get another Girly?

Started by abruzzi, September 25, 2017, 05:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Quote from: Chris Canning on November 05, 2017, 05:51:53 PM
Same as Tim small model file gently file through the plastic till you feel metal on metal do the same opposite side just prise it out the two half's with a small screw driver,if your in the States buy Gasoiler to seal the thread it's fantastic stuff.

The kit actually came with a small packet of gasoiler, so assuming we get the plastic out tomorrow at my brothers shop, I should have everything to go back together. 

Timbox2

While your at it, unless you know its been done recently, I would swap the fuel filter
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

I recently did my K1200R it has a similar set up but trying to obtain Gasoiler in the UK!!! I'm not even going own up to how much it cost but luckily it's really good,for those wondering about such it only has a 12 month life span from opening the container  :icon_frown:

abruzzi

Well the thread sealant didn't work.  Once the pump powered up, the lower release started leaking around the threads.  So today I tore it all apart, cleaned the threads with chemtool and a toothbrush, and reassembled with yellow Teflon tape. It seems to be holding, but my natural state of paranoia will have me watching it for the next few weeks.

Chris Canning

What did the instructions say on the Gasoila tube? The problem with the PTF it'll work to start with but the fuel will dissolve it in the end although with a tapered thread shouldn't take a lot of sealing.

abruzzi

There were no instructions on the tube.  I gave it 24 hours to set after applying it, but the moment the fuel pump was energized it started to leak.  The yellow Teflon tape specifically lists being rated for gasoline (along with a bunch of other things) so, unlike the white Teflon, this should be ok.

abruzzi

Got a little more done to the bike in the last couple weeks.

First I replaced the front springs with something more appropriate for my weight.  Turns out that what was in there was progressive.  I'll need to muck around with preload spacers, but its not too bad at the moment.  I still have a set of racetech cartridge emulators, but installing them is a bit out of my pay grade.

Next, my brand new set of Thunderbike crash bars came in, and I got them installed yesterday.  They're pricey but well worth it.

The wilbers shock hasn't been installed yet because whoever pulled it forgot to include the lower bushings and o-rings.  So they're on their way.  After that proper luggage racks will be next.  The stock luggage is small, not waterproof, and somewhat fragile.  I'll probably go with Hepco Becker racks because I already have a couple of pairs of Gobi's that I can use in the short term, but in the long run, probably a set of Xplorers.

The view of the new crash bars:

Timbox2

Cool, if nothing else youve got somewhere to hang your shopping :icon_biggrin:
2016 Tiger Sport