News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fairing bolts vibrating loose

Started by ssevy, September 24, 2017, 03:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

Ever since my fuel tank shrunk back to its original shape, my fairing bolts have tended to work themselves loose as they have no more lateral force on them from poorly fitting fairing panels. I was able to get new rubber washers from the dealer, but these didn't help.
I applied some of my Permatex version of blue hylomar to both sides of the rubber washers to increase their purchase, but I still have a couple that work loose.
I did not want to use even the lightest version of Loctite on them, as I was afraid the bond might be too strong and disturb the threaded inserts. So, I put the hylomar on the bolt threads themselves, and so far they seem to be holding. I just rolled over 700 miles since the engine rebuild, so I think this may be a good and safe solution.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

tonytiger

Good I'm pleased things are going well after all the work you put in. :5moped

bemusedinsojo

Are the fairing bolts still staying in?

ssevy

I may not be big, but I'm slow.