News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Watch out for the "Hi I'm Ella" scammer.

Started by VABird, October 24, 2017, 10:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VABird

On some of the other forums, there's a scammer going around. At first I thought it was targeted at me because of Jack-Be-Quick, but deleted it anyway just because it sounded hokey. Turns out that other members are getting this as well in their PMs.
It says:
"Thank you for your time. I am Ella from a big company. We specialize in high quality OBD2/EOBD Scanners that allow users to diagnose their automobiles easily. I am reaching out to you on the possibility of getting an editorial review for our featured Auto Code Scanner on this forum.
There are different price points for the special function of the car scanner. The company uses high-quality materials to make them very beautiful, environmentally friendly, durable and accurate. There is always a product to impress your deeply.
If you are interested in reviewing our latest Auto Code Scanners, please let me know and I will send out a free product for you to review. Besides, I will give you more detailed information about these product and company. Please email me at xiangguoxiangqing [at] gmail [dot] com. Please provide links to the forum home page, and tell me your name on that forum.
Thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate your great assistance for us.
Regards, Ella"

Really? could anyone really take that seriously? Kinda surprised there wasn't a Nigerian prince in there!

The ride may be fun, but in the Great Scheme of things, it really is about the destination! John 3:16 

Check out www.Jack-Be-Quick.com
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Sin_Tiger

Interesting. Give them your address and the knowledge that you've probably got a BT OBDII module to your vehicle that they've supplied, what could possibly go wrong  :icon_scratch:

It appears that the latest criminal technique here is to get close to a home or person where there is a vehicle with keyless entry. Using a signal booster to access the RFID chip on the key card the vehicle interior can be accessed. Then using a laptop and OBDII connector, start the vehicle and drive it away.  :icon_eek:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I had one of these a couple of weeks back.  Deleted it also but, on reflection, if they nicked my 4x4 they'd be doing me a favour :*&*
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Hence why the latest advice is to keep your car keys at home in a metal container.