News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Center stand

Started by tonytiger, November 15, 2017, 07:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonytiger

Hello does anyone know if there's a shorter centre stand for the steamer or a way to cut a piece out and weld a sleave on the origonal stand. I,ve started the big strip down but had to promise I will not spend all day in my shed. :5moped

Beernard

Gday. I reckon you are already on to it. Cut, sleeve, away you go. If you know a good welder you cannot go wrong. He will get it straight away. My only input would be to say "have a look at how the stand sits now". This is because my stand is a bit wonky. The poor old thing leans to the right. No big deal, for sure, but if I were to cut mine it would be adjusted. Good luck with everything.
Ripper, woke up again.

tonytiger

Thanks beernard, and hopefully we will be playing Australia in the final :5moped

Sin_Tiger

Have you lowered the suspension? Both the genuine (which rumor has it were made by Hepco Becker) and SW Motech stands seemed to be a tad shorter on the right side.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

QuoteThis is because my stand is a bit wonky. The poor old thing leans to the right.

QuoteBoth the genuine (which rumor has it were made by Hepco Becker) and SW Motech stands seemed to be a tad shorter on the right side.

Agreed, mine too...Try 'slugging' i.e. using strengthening on the inside of the tubes as this would look neater and allow a longer/solid 'slug' - so stronger and less welding.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

tonytiger

Yes I got kit from Lust Racing. Thanks JayDub.