News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

At one with my 04 Tiger 955i

Started by Fentible, February 06, 2018, 09:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fentible

Its been a while but unfortunately other projects have conspired to keep me away from this board. Good to see its as healthy as ever.

Noticed a few discussions around board members considering keeping and or changing their 955i's. I was briefly tempted with the 1200 Explorer, especially as my richer but much less good looking mate bought one. However a tour, in company, around Irelands Wild Atlantic Way last June has kept me firmly in the 'Remain' camp. The only element I would concede is the shaft drive, its one aspect of my old K100 that I miss.

Just bought a set of Pilot 4's to see how they work in place of the Tourances and looking forward to a North West Scotland and Midi-Pyrenees trip later this year.   :XXsunsmile

Tiger-G

Hi,

Hope you enjoyed the roads round Ireland, my poor Audi A3 took quite a battering there a few years ago !!  :icon_frown:. Hats off to the Irish tourist board who have done a great job making some very poor (so called) tourist attractions sound amazing, when in reality, they're quite sh!t  :icon_salut:

I'm still in the remain camp while my 2006 '955 holds out, but it's inevitable at some stage I'll have to make the jump to the Explorer  :icon_frown:. For me, it's still just the lack of range and fuel carrying ability that holds me back. Even after a good few years of the Explorer we still haven't got an extended range model like the BMW GS. Very frustrating for those of us who have stayed loyal to Triumph and like to travel long distance without fueling up all the time, like we did on the original Tiger 900 in 1993  :icon_sad:

Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

The mistake Triumph made was loosing their nerve when the photos appeared of the one parked in a small village in the SoF and because of the net had a panic attack and re-designed it in a matter of months,there used to be a couple of photos out there of the old design but I haven't seen them for a long time and oddly enough with two shaft driven bikes i'd Never buy another,i'll Take a chain every time.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2011/december/dec2811-redesigning-triumph-explorer-/

Tiger-G

Yep, I remember that, and all the fuss associated with it. All for the sake of an extra 5 litres, lol !!   :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

Chris Canning

Quote from: Tiger-G on February 06, 2018, 03:53:41 PM
Yep, I remember that, and all the fuss associated with it. All for the sake of an extra 5 litres, lol !!   :icon_wink:

The more I look at the blue one the more I think it was the way to go or at the very least an option just BM have done 2 GS's

mark4

I've been thinking about a Tiger 1050 but like my 955i too much, so when it's rebuilt I will likely keep the Tiger and maybe buy another bike for summer days...something like a GSX1400, but I suspect the Tiger will stay in the stable for some time once back on the road and will be the bike for all seasons.

Great bikes.   :icon_salut:

SteveFord

You're going to love the Pilot 4s on the Tiger, you can just whip that bike around corners! 

abruzzi

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 06, 2018, 03:26:47 PM
The mistake Triumph made was loosing their nerve when the photos appeared of the one parked in a small village in the SoF and because of the net had a panic attack and re-designed it in a matter of months,there used to be a couple of photos out there of the old design but I haven't seen them for a long time and oddly enough with two shaft driven bikes i'd Never buy another,i'll Take a chain every time.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2011/december/dec2811-redesigning-triumph-explorer-/

the funny thing, the early styling from 2007, looks like an angular Girly, and I like it better than the actual explorer:

NKL

I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger