News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

North Yorkshire Moors Tiger Meet 29th June - 1st July (confirmed)

Started by aesdj, March 10, 2018, 11:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aesdj

Now that it's been confirmed that we are meeting up this year in Whitby for a ride around the North Yorkshire Moors, I thought I'd start a new thread.

So far me (+ wife) and Blacktiger are booked in to a B+B for the Friday and Saturday.

We need suggestions on a decent real ale pub that serves food for the evening get together. As we are going to be spread around this ideally needs to be in the town centre.

If anyone knows of any points-of-intrest that we could try to incorperate into the ride, put them forward.

So far I've got the Kilburn White Horse and Goathland (Heartbeat + used for Hogsmeade train station in Harry Potter)

blacktiger

Looks like it's just you and me Jason.  :^_^

Places to go:-
Steam trains between Whitby and Pickering.

Pubs:- https://whatpub.com/search?q=Whitby&lat=54.4864&lng=-0.614935&r=10&t=t&p=1&features=Pub%2COpen%2CRealAle
The Angel is a Wetherspoons so will have Ales and food. Also evening food in the Whitby Way and the Resolution Hotel. But there's quite a few to have a crawl around for beer. :thumbsup
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

aesdj

Quote from: blacktiger on March 20, 2018, 06:34:43 PM
Looks like it's just you and me Jason.  :^_^

That it does my good man.

Places to go:-
Steam trains between Whitby and Pickering.

That weekend they depart Goathland at the times below so we could always try to arrange to get there slightly earlier than one of these. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone if we're stopping there anyway.

Pickering to Whitby Time Table.
Goathland Dep = 1010, 1150, 1250, 1450, 1550, 1650

Whitby to Pickering Time Table.
Goathland Dep = 1050, 1250, 1350, 1450, 1650, 1800

Evening food in the Whitby Way and the Resolution Hotel. But there's quite a few to have a crawl around for beer. :thumbsup

Like the plan. Hit those 2 for the meals then instead of staying put, trawl around for drinks.

blacktiger

Sorry to do this Jason but I've just heard that my Knee replacement surgery is going to be in late June. So I'm going to have to pull out of this.  :BangHead :BangHead :BangHead :BangHead
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

aesdj

Quote from: blacktiger on April 24, 2018, 01:14:47 PM
Sorry to do this Jason but I've just heard that my Knee replacement surgery is going to be in late June. So I'm going to have to pull out of this.  :BangHead :BangHead :BangHead :BangHead

Not a problem mate. If it's just me and the wife it's fine as we were planning on doing a weekend away anyway. Need to recharge the batteries and get away from the kids, house, dogs, bills and everything else that drags you down over time.

Hope everything goes well with the op.