News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Alternator rattle cure

Started by Tomcat61, March 12, 2018, 02:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat61

Quote from: JayDub on March 14, 2018, 10:57:52 AM
I don't think any play is normal. I think there should be a washer under the bolt head - check its in place.

Well, in fact there were 2 washers.  The hardest part will be finding new brush set, at least one as the other brush is ok.
Steamer 1998 British Racing Green

JayDub

Was there any indication as to what caused the uneven brush wear?

Tomcat61

None. I asked a car electrician about it and he said that they just wear out like that sometimes  :icon_smile:
Maybe the other brush has been sticking and had less wear?

Well, now I have put in new brushes and it looks fine. The brush material is like in a soft graphite pencil. Easy to trim them into right length with sand paper  :qgaraduate

tonytiger

Beernard

Nice work. Looks like you have nailed it.
Ripper, woke up again.

Tomcat61

So, I got all put in place and my Steamer runs very quietly. Well as quiet as a Steamer can  :icon_smile:

I have been riding a couple of times but the weather is not so nice until now (+15C).

The low beam headlights are still missing so I use the high beams during daytime. I have to get into this problem soon but I'm always at work  :icon_evil:

And daughter's scooter needs servicing too  :icon_rolleyes: