News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Difference between an ORS chain and a ORP?

Started by Debrucy, July 11, 2005, 09:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debrucy

help us out here guys and girls,my Dutch handbook says i need a Regina 136 ORP chain,so i ordered one from ebay and i got sent a Regina 530 ORS 114,can anybody please tell me what the difference is,cause i guy i ordered from is not responding.

has anybody donr buisness with Trebes Motoparts LTD,german company?

thanks

Derek

96 Tiger

Amsterdam

barjan

From the regina website (regina.it), if you look up your motorcycle it says it needs a 136 zrp chain (internal reference) and 530 external reference with 112 clip. The newer tigers need a 114 clip. I'm not sure what the clip size means, but it doesn't match your type.

http://www.reginachain.it/eng/products/motorcycles/triumph.shtml

The zrp means it's a z-ring chain (newer invention). Something starting with an O must be a O-ring chain. Also a ORP chain does not exist within Regina numbers. The ORS does and is a O-ring chain, normal for our tigers.

So, it looks like you got a chain for the newer types of tiger. If the clip size is a problem, I don't know.[/url]

Debrucy

thanks a lot for the url  barjan, ill give the company a call tomorrow,i really dont know what the clip means myselph,but thanks for takeing the time to share.

Derek

barjan

I thought about the clip and if it is the way to make the final link, then DON'T use a clip, but be sure to link the chain with a riveter.

(As I see, you have a dutch handbook: Als de clip een "visje" is moet je het NOOIT gebruiken, dat is niet de juiste manier bij motoren (leuk voor fietsen) gebruik altijd een klinkschakel  :?:  )

Quote from: "barjan"I thought about the clip and if it is the way to make the final link, then DON'T use a clip, but be sure to link the chain with a riveter.

(As I see, you have a dutch handbook: Als de clip een "visje" is moet je het NOOIT gebruiken, dat is niet de juiste manier bij motoren (leuk voor fietsen) gebruik altijd een klinkschakel  :?:  )

What's wrong with a spring clip? I've had bikes in the past with comparable power which used spring clip links in the chain with no problem at all.

barjan

Quote from: "Blacktiger"What's wrong with a spring clip? I've had bikes in the past with comparable power which used spring clip links in the chain with no problem at all.

As far as I have heard, the clip was commonly used until the bikes got more and more power. I now hear everybody say it's much better to use a riveter to link the chain. You're the first to say otherwise. I never had a bike with a clipped chain, so I have no comparison whatsoever. If you insist on using a clip, be sure to use it in the right direction