News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Risers on risers ??

Started by Tiger-G, April 15, 2018, 02:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Hi all 🙂,

I've got a set of 2" vario Rox risers on my 955i to bring the handlebars further back and up, but Ive still got an ache across the top of my back, across the shoulders when I'm riding, as I'm still leaning forward a bit and stretching to reach the bars. If I take my hands off the bars and bring them back a bit I'm in that perfect "sit up and beg" riding position, with no strain on my old back.

Soooo......to my question.......do you think if I put another pair of vario risers on top of the risers already on the bike it would still be safe, with enough strength in them to cope with the steering inputs, etc ?? Or is there another way to get the bars up and back a bit safely ??

Cheers 🙂.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

tankerman

Tiger-G

Thanks for that, but think I'll keep the bars and try and do it with risers  :icon_salut:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

tankerman

The sort of risers you are thinking of might be better sourced on one of the custom sites. They have a lot more taller and curved risers.

AndyT

You could try some of these angled back towards you.......
Ebay item 222728979481
If at first you don't succeed ... then skydiving is not for you :)

Tiger-G

Well, I managed to get a second set of 2" pivoting Rox risers for a good price to test the theory, and although they get the bars back to where I want them to be comfortable, they look sh!t !!   :icon_sad:

So I think the way forward is to get a set of 3.5" Rox pivoting risers to tidy things up. And......looks like I'll need a longer front brake hose, it's a bit of a stretch at the mo.

Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Mustang

would it not be cheaper and easier to just get some new handlebars .

Hell you can even make whatever shape or bend you want with a tubing bender........................ :^_^

Tiger-G

Quote from: Mustang on May 02, 2018, 02:21:56 PM
would it not be cheaper and easier to just get some new handlebars .

Hell you can even make whatever shape or bend you want with a tubing bender........................ :^_^

Hmmm, I don't think so, as there are that many different sizes and shapes, who's to say you'd get it right first time ?? At least with the risers you can change their position until it's exactly where you want it  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Tiger-G

Quick update:

Got some 3.5" Rox pivoting risers to tidy everything up now that the theory has been proven. They are probably the best compromise I'm going to get to take the strain off my back and shoulders. I had to buy a 10cm longer front brake hose, but the clutch cable and wiring seems to stretch ok with a bit of jiggling.

Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.