News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Need to make a phone call...

Started by rybes, May 02, 2018, 04:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Timbox2

Nice but, Kin ell, £4500 in GBP, is that par for the course over there?
2016 Tiger Sport

rybes

Mate that's cheap. The last one I saw was 60k. Prices of cars n bikes here is stupid. For what I paid for my Aprilia I could've bought 3 in the uk

AndyT

Quote from: rybes on May 03, 2018, 08:51:09 AM
Mate that's cheap. The last one I saw was 60k. Prices of cars n bikes here is stupid. For what I paid for my Aprilia I could've bought 3 in the uk
Sorry if it's a dumb question but why not buy one in the uk and ride it back?
If at first you don't succeed ... then skydiving is not for you :)

GavD

Welcome back :><

What happened to the one you rebuilt in the UK?
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rybes

Alright gav how's things. Been a long while. Well the one I built in the UK is here with me. Rode it over a few years ago but it died in hamburg never to restart. So it's been sat in the cellar ever since.
Andy I've got one here brought over but it works out cheaper to buy a Danish bike than put mine on Danish plates. Plus mine needs a new engine so it's definitely cheaper.
Off to go see it Saturday so as long as its tidy n in good condition I'll be the owner of tiger no. 2.
Just got to wait a year till I'm fit enough to ride it  :icon_cry:

GavD

Fingers crossed Rybes.

Forgot about yr old one going bang. If the one your looking at is a bit ropey, while your recovering, tart up the frame and engine and swap all the nice shiny bits off the uk one onto the danish one. Jobs a good 'un :thumbsup.

Is your injury self inflicted or is the aging process being unkind to you like the rest of us?

rybes

Have a look in the new members bit mate there's some good photos of it. It's mint.
Yeah you wouldn't know about the injuries. Had an Aprilia rsvr until I bounced of a car at 80 n hit a tree. Injury list is massive. That was 8n August and I'm no where near fixed yet. Broken arm, exploded leg bone, destroyed wrist, amputated thumb and severed the main nerve to my hand. That resulted in 3 months in hospital. More metal in me than Barry sheene  :icon_lol:

threepot

Quote from: rybes on May 05, 2018, 08:55:48 PM
Have a look in the new members bit mate there's some good photos of it. It's mint.
Yeah you wouldn't know about the injuries. Had an Aprilia rsvr until I bounced of a car at 80 n hit a tree. Injury list is massive. That was 8n August and I'm no where near fixed yet. Broken arm, exploded leg bone, destroyed wrist, amputated thumb and severed the main nerve to my hand. That resulted in 3 months in hospital. More metal in me than Barry sheene  :icon_lol:
Was the bike ok?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

GavD

S*%t Rybes, you did a proper job there then!

rybes

I'll get on the pc later and post pics of the bikes n me