News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

oil and air filters, what'ch use'n ?

Started by Appalachian, May 06, 2018, 06:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Appalachian

Been eye ball'n the K&N reusable air filter instead of factory filter, +/- $50, not sure about which oil filter, wanted to see what every one had to say before buying anything .

Just looking for advise,thanks in advance.

Timbox2

K & N are getting a lot of bad mouthing at the moment on certain forums, but I did some digging and yeah ok, it seems there was a problem with some of their oil filters. I personally use Gen Triumph oil filters at the moment, but more because my current bike is still under warranty, I also went a bit left-field with the Air Filter thanks to Chris C and went with a DNA, which youve probably never heard of. Unless you ride in desert conditions I would go K&N on the air filter, far more important is making sure the small sponge like seal between the base of the airbox and the ICAV is there if youve had the airbox off. Oh yeah, I used Hi-flo oil filters on the Girly, dunno if you get them over there.
2016 Tiger Sport

SteveFord

Purolator 14612

Mobil 1 15W-50 from Wally World

K&N air filter

mark4

Hiflo filter

Castrol 4T synthetic 10w40

K&N air filter

Appalachian

Tiger-G

Just for info in the UK if you're using an OEM Triumph filter, rather than spend £10+ on a filter wrench, a short length of plastic drain pipe fits over just perfectly to nip the filter up  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

PeteH

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport