News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wonky Rev Counter

Started by Chris Canning, May 18, 2018, 10:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

More of a heads up.

In Wales during the week want the quick way home come down the M54 and the Rev counter is anything between 5/8 revs but the bike is running ok get home put bike the garage.

Get up following get said bike out,press starter and cough!!! Flat battery,charge battery up,start bike tick over Multi is showing 12.1 at Revs 11.5 check the alternator wires and those on the reg/rec and they are glowing.

Order new reg/rec from Electrex can't be arsed putting new wires in but what drives me nuts that they offer so many different reg/rec options but they are all out of stock bar the RR62 comes following day mounts like OE the previous Electrex had a mounting plate but what was interesting shows a constant 14.1 be it at tick over or revving the spuds off it.

HockleyBoy

Rev counter has been the first or second (fuel gauge) sign of charging issues on mine on a number of occasions. When the ECU works out what it most needs to keep powering it must shut things down in some sort of order I guess.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport