News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacing vacuum hoses

Started by tri650, June 11, 2018, 01:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tri650

I have owned my 2000 885i for about three weeks and have had two vacuum hose failures in that time.  I replaced the rubber outer mounting with some rubber hose I had and that seems to be holding. I am hesitant to replace the vacuum lines with OEM given the recent failures.  Any other suggestions?  BTW - i could not find the vacuum lines when i went to the OEM schematics on Bike Bandit.

HockleyBoy

Just replace the 3 plastic hoses with some good silicon tube, cheap enough on ebay. Cant remember the diameter, 5 or 6mm I think (but could be wrong), a search on this site will confirm.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

SteveFord

I used 7mm silicone line which is probably a bit too big but nothing has popped off.
Those Triumph hoses are the pits.

Ron in Buffalo