News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TOR vs. standard can sound level

Started by motoOzarks, June 12, 2018, 05:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motoOzarks

Would anyone happen to know ?

What's the sound difference between stock exhaust and TOR?  Amount of sound or loudness.

I'd like to switch to stock and am wondering how much difference there is as far as justifying doing so.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

HockleyBoy

I have run the TOR for years but I don't really remember there being too much difference between it and the stock can as far as noise goes, just a bit more of a roar when you open her up. Ridden gentley I don't think you would really notice the difference.

Personally I cant see why you would revert to stock if you have a standard TOR can on.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

motoOzarks

It's not that I consider Tigger loud, just to stealth it a bit.
If it came apart I would wrap some 2 stroke fiberglass in there somewhere.
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

VABird

You will likely have NO problem finding someone to swap theirs even up. Most seem to think the stock can too quiet and it's the first thing to go!
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16