News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Possible tank issue - need advice

Started by tri650, June 15, 2018, 05:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tri650

I decided to paint my tank on my 2000 885i.  Based on bubbling issues I used the Caswell tank sealer.  I put bolts in the four holes where the fuel link lines run from front to back.  There is one on each side and they must feed from the front to the back. I must have laid it on its one side too long because when I removed the left side front bolt it was stuck.  I eventually pulled it out but that side was filled with the sealer.  I am afraid the sealer has filled in at the bottom and fuel cannot get to the left side link line.

Does this mean that any gas on the left side near the bottom will not flow to the back?  May be stating the obvious but guessing that is my situation.  Not sure how to fix as I used  drill bit to try and clean it out but it must be too high to penetrate to the open part of the tank.

John Stenhouse

Essentially yes, the pipes allow fuel in the lobes at the front of the tank to flow back to the rear of the tank, i wouldn't worry too much, I can't see it making a huge difference
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

tri650

I strapped on a 1 gal roto-pax to the rear rack just in case.  My fuel gauge doesn't work so I am seeing how far I can go with this situation and how much gas is actually in that area that is potentially clogged.