News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly 2014 cast wheel rear brake caliper

Started by nik_the_brief, June 16, 2018, 03:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nik_the_brief

Hi. Does anybody have the rear caliper that will fit a 2005 Girly for sale?

The 5mm Allen key head bolts that hold in the pads are firmly seized in place. Nothing will move them as the recesses have been chewed up and even the old heat with oxyacetylene and whack in an oversized socket set Allen key approach didn't shift it.  :BangHead

Think it's probably better to simply replace the whole unit.

Nik

kennyjd

There is a company on Ebay that offer a refurb service,?

nik_the_brief

Cheers, good idea, might have to do that but they want the pins and pads removed, perhaps if I give them a ring...

kennyjd

You are a long way away from me but if you get stuck, send it up to me and  I will deal with it for you.

nik_the_brief

Cheers Kenny. I've tried a local light engineering company who were able to get one of by welding a rod into it and torquing it out but the other is simply not going to shift. If he uses more heat he'll knacker the caliper or seals. He can't find a helicoil  as he can't find a fit.

Do you think you can still do it bearing in mind that information? If so I'd be happy to post it to you to give it a go because I've no other options as I've taken it off the bike and there are no second hand ones available for love nor money.

Nik

kennyjd

Sorry Nik, I have not been on for few days, assuming you have not solved the problem, I would happily give it a go, 
07563030455, regards Kenny

nik_the_brief

Me neither, not a problem due.  You're a star but I opted for a brand new shiny caliper in the end.

Pricey but minimal hassle though I had to wait for it to come from the USA. Only to 5 minutes to fit and bleed though.

kennyjd