News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear brake rotors

Started by bemusedinsojo, June 29, 2018, 10:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bemusedinsojo

Hey guys,
I have a raised edge on the outer surface of my rear brake rotor. Can the rotors be turned or are they too thin? The interweb has mixed results.
Thanks

JayDub

Check the minimum thickness stamped on the disc. But is it really worth it?
Also, the OE discs are prone to cracking, i would just bite the bullet, and avoid sintered pads as they eat the discs.

London_Phil

bemusedinsojo

Timbox2

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on July 01, 2018, 05:28:14 PM
What are sintered pads?

Metallic compound, EBC and others call them HH pads.
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on July 01, 2018, 05:28:14 PM
What are sintered pads?
As Timbox said... As opposed to organic pads

bemusedinsojo

Organic it is. And probably why I have a raised edge. I didn't have one before I put new pads on there last year. I'll try and ride the season out, then change everything over the winter.
Thanks for the help.

HockleyBoy

If you do replace have a look for an EBC Pro Lite disc, good quality, reasonably priced and much better than some of the other pattern parts out there.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

JayDub

Pattern discs seem to have a higher iron content, or just a lower quality alloy, the Kazumi rear I fitted in august was showing significant corrosion by December.

bemusedinsojo

So I had to leave town before I finished mounting the rear tire. Someone with big feet accidentally kicked all the parts that were laid out in the order which I removed them all over the garage while dark  :BangHead. Does anybody have pics that show correct order of spacers, etc? The manual I have is confusing. Plus my dad always said I couldn't take a coffee break without having to retrain me.

London_Phil

London_Phil

London_Phil

Or This.

I've got the whole parts list which I should scan in

bemusedinsojo

This is the one that I can't figure:

bemusedinsojo

The thing is-,I don't remember removing this part. But when I went to the shop to swap tires, as I was walking in the above part clattered across the floor. I can't figure if it fell off my rim or if it was someone else's. I can't seem to match it to any parts diagram.