News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fixing hole in gas tank?

Started by tri650, July 02, 2018, 04:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tri650

I did a few stupid things in succession that caused me to open up a hole in the left lower part of the gas tank.  Long story short - i decided to repaint tank and first sealed with Caswell sealer.  I let too much drip down into the lower left side and it sealed up the opening where the line runs from front to back.  I thought it would be a good idea to try and drill through it and ended up going through the side of the tank - sort of.  I didn't go all the way through but enough where it was weeping gas. 

I cleaned out the area with a drill bit to get some space to repair.  I also used a dremel and that almost seemed like the heat sealed up the hole.  I totally drained the tank.