News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Blue Ridge British Bike Rally 3

Started by VABird, July 10, 2018, 02:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VABird

Blue Ridge British Bike Rally 3  Friday 9/21/18 through Saturday, 9/22/18
Rally start both days will be at Peaks of Otter Visitor center (NOT the lodge); milepost 86 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Kickstands up @ 10:00 A.M.

Sorry this took so long, guys & gals, but I had to struggle with either moving the date or just bypassing the Peaks of Otter Lodge. The thing is that POOL has been booked for several months with 2 weddings for the weekend of BRBBR3 (9/21/18 & 9/22/18). There are a few rooms left, but they will not be discounted (about $180/night). Very few stayed there last year anyway because of the price.  I know that some of you have set aside the weekend, so rather than have me mess with the dates, just plan on staying in Bedford; about 12 miles away. It's MUCH cheaper, and closer to a bunch of restaurants.

Days Inn - 921 Blue Ridge Ave., {U.S. 460} Bedford VA 24523 (540)586-8286 will discount 15%
Rates include tax Mention Blue Ridge British Bike Rally:
Thursday, September 20:  Queen:  $44.20; King:  $45.90; 2 Double:  $54.40
Friday and Saturday, September 21 & 22; Queen:  $73.95/night; King:  $75.65/night; 2 Double: $84.15/night   

Super 8 - 842 Sword Beach Ln., Bedford VA 24523; (540)587-0100; will discount rooms to $77.20/one king including tax or $88.23/ two queens including tax. Reserve by Aug/20/2018. Cancellations no later than 1 week prior. Rate includes continental breakfast, HBO, Showtime, Wi-Fi, microwave & refrigerator.  Rates apply Wednesday night 9/19 through Sunday night 9/23.

<U><I><B>For my money, I'd use the Super 8</B></I></U> In either case, mention "Blue Ridge British Bike Rally" for these rates.

Bedford VA B&B's available also <Title:Link>http://bedandbreakfastsbedfordva.com/ National D-Day Memorial is only a couple miles from Days Inn & Super 8.
Variety of chain and independent restaurants in Bedford; only a mile or two east on U.S.460.
Camping available near Peaks of Otter visitor center; 1/4 mile from rally start.
This is some of the best riding east of the Mississippi River; curvy, hilly roads, mostly smooth.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

SteveFord

Rats!  I'll be through there two weeks early and then back to work.

VABird

As an added bonus, the Central VA Classic and Vintage Motorcycle Show has been postponed for weather to Sunday, 9/23/18, the day after BRBBR.
I plan to lead another group (not BRBBR) there leaving Sheetz on Wards Rd. in Lynchburg at 10:30. The show is in Powhatan (west of Richmond) and about 2.5 hours east of Peaks of Otter & 2 hours from our starting point in Lynchburg. I've been to this show the past few years, and there are usually a lot of really cool bikes, mostly Japanese from the 70's, some older, some Triumph, BMW.... you never know.
:wheel :wheel
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Community/Central-Virginia-Classic-and-Vintage-Motorcycle-Show-456531407754152/
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

bigcountry

Wait late on this forum VABird,  Do you have any plans for 2020.  I have a trophy and we're all meeting at Blue Ridge in Sept. Wondering if the Tiger 955i crowd is active for a meet....
Thanks BC
2006 Tiger 955i (new to me 2017), 2014 Trophy SE