News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help! with my water

Started by Newsman, July 19, 2018, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Hello
I wanted to change the gasket on the water spigot that is on the back of the head it looks a bit crusty and in this weather I dont want any problems. I am sure I read some where the drain plug in the middle of this photo was the block drain when I removed it nothing came out and when I put a garden hose in the top spigot nothing then either I cannot get into the "How To" link for a coolant change am I going mad or should there be water behind this drain plug

Newsman

I was wrong Doh! its not the block drain thats nearer the front of the engine thank goodness for that I can put it back together no thank you so much for your reply!

Newsman

I wonder what that drain is for then?

rybes

There's 2 drain plugs. The big one just empties enough to do top end engine work and the bottom drains the system completely
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Newsman

so should there be water behind the one I removed in the picture? because there isn't

London_Phil

Are you sure the larger, rear one is not an oil gallery?

My Triumph Tiger OEM parts manual describes it as 3450040-T0301, Plug, main oil gallery, black.

New Part no seems to be T3450071  and a search brings up this

https://www.fastec-racing.co.uk/products/t3450071-triumph-stainless-oilway-bung-m6-13mm

I'm sure that's where you would fit an oil pressure gauge, for testing

Newsman

Thank you so much you have stopped me worrying the water drain plug is closer to the front of the engine 

threepot

If you just want to change that gasket,just do it(cold engine). Just top up the radiator after?
95 Super111
96 Tiger