News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shock options

Started by rybes, July 21, 2018, 08:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

Changed the front discs yesterday and sorting out a few bits I decided to sort out the stupidly hard rear suspension. Only 3mm of sag. Sorted that out so went to adjust rebound etc but nothin happens. The rebound no matter wether it's at its softest or hardest it rises painfully slow. So it's dead.
What options are out there now as I'm struggling to find anything. The sad bit is I've got an Aprilia ohlins sat in the cellar wonder if I can make it fit?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

threepot

Wilbers,Hagon,YSS make replacements.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rybes

Cheers 3pot I'll hunt one out

Timbox2

If you can put it off till October,  Wilbers dealers give 20% off for Octoberfest, I got mine last year and saved £140 ( A Wilbers for Hagon money, nearly)
2016 Tiger Sport

rybes

Cheers Tim I'll do that. The rebounds shot on this shock. Don't matter soft or hard it takes forever to come back up

rybes

Couldn't wait till October Tim. My shock had no rebound and just kept compressing until it was totally bottomed out. So wilbers rear shock and front springs are on their way

Timbox2

Quote from: rybes on August 12, 2018, 09:52:17 PM
Couldn't wait till October Tim. My shock had no rebound and just kept compressing until it was totally bottomed out. So wilbers rear shock and front springs are on their way

Fair enough, Its still money well spent
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Rubes, please keep us informed about how this works out, especially the front springs.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

Quote from: threepot on July 21, 2018, 09:21:15 AM
Wilbers,Hagon,YSS make replacements.
Don't bother with YSS,I think mine has 'blown' after 2yrs!😠
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rybes

I will nick. There on their way to me know so expect pics and a sort of review. I used hyperpro springs on my other tiger they were miles better than the stock ones

Chris Canning

The most important thing is to think about spec and usage.

If you are only going to ride one up,forget the hydraulic preload so there's 150 quid off before you start,think you will find Wilbers also do a cheapo option which wouldn't be for me but might be an option to cut costs.

rybes

7 hours well spent. I now have a center stand and new suspension. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet that'll be tomorrow now but just bouncing it it's 100% better

Timbox2

Front and back, blimey, go on then, now put some 17" wheels on, that would be fun :icon_biggrin:
2016 Tiger Sport

rybes

Mate I been thinking about it. The parts are getting difficult to find now though. Plus this is a really clean original bike so not sure if I should

rybes

Well I've gotten a few good miles under the rubber since the suspension was changed and all I can says is wow. What a difference the bike handles as if its on rails. The front springs were changed and wilburs 15wt oil used. At first it felt way to hard but as I'm using the bike they seem to be levelling out so I'm either getting used to it or everything's breaking in. All in all I'm very happy with the swap. Now I just have to see how they perform long term