News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New to Triumph Girly

Started by ebertf, August 15, 2018, 01:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebertf

Sorry for the noobe question but where does Girly come from

Timbox2

Its voluptuous front profile, think Double D cup :hat10  Not very PC these days I grant you
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

Wasn't it also due to the eyebrows on the earlier ones?
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Chris Canning

Quote from: ebertf on August 15, 2018, 01:59:29 AM
Sorry for the noobe question but where does Girly come from

When ever Triumph introduce a new model the owners of the previous version get Oh so superior  :icon_lol: so owners of previous model called the 'steamer' which is way kind for a bloody Stone Age tractor which has all the connection from throttle to carbs akin to Pony Express compared to the email of the fuel injected Girly  :icon_biggrin:

And like wise the Girly lot gave the 1050 roadie mob such a hard time they flounced off and created their own site  :icon_rolleyes:

ebertf

Thanks all now I understand  :__

London_Phil

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 15, 2018, 04:06:06 PM
When ever Triumph introduce a new model the owners of the previous version get Oh so superior  :icon_lol: so owners of previous model called the 'steamer' which is way kind for a bloody Stone Age tractor which has all the connection from throttle to carbs akin to Pony Express compared to the email of the fuel injected Girly  :icon_biggrin:

And like wise the Girly lot gave the 1050 roadie mob such a hard time they flounced off and created their own site  :icon_rolleyes:

Erm that's  Steamer with an Uppercase S please, to  distinguish its proper manliness from that Sagem controlled thing with the neither one thing or another look.....
Me... Biased.......
I'll get my coat..

Chris Canning

Oh and those with gen1 1050's get all sniffy about the new flyby wire 1050  :icon_biggrin:

And just show what an oddball bunch Tiger owners are its rare to get more than a couple of forums on one bike I remember a time when there were 4 Tiger forums  :icon_scratch: