News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carbs or ignition pick up

Started by rybes, September 04, 2018, 09:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

Thursday night I went for a long ride. Every 20 minutes or so the bike would cut out and start again a few minutes later. Found a petrol station that sold a carb icing preventative so bought that and chucked it in. It made the problem less but didn't cure it. Sunday afternoon I done the same ride and it performed fine.
To me that says carbs but the bikes done 63 thousand km and have no idea if the pick ups ever been changed. What do you think?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

London_Phil

Pick up is relatively cheap. and quick to fit.
They are known to fail around 50K.
30 mins max fitting time, and your going to know its not the problem then.
Change it.

Mustang

It's coils or the pickup
Carbs don't magically work or not work
Electrickery on the other hand does.
Run the bike at night in the dark and see if the plug wires are sparkling.

rybes

I was thinking it was more pick up than carbs. I'll try the coils at the weekend it'll also give me a chance to find out whether there pvm or Gill.
I've also noticed that spares for tigers are running out. What are we going to do when the pick ups run out  :bug_eye
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)