News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Check engine light

Started by cba191, September 16, 2018, 03:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

Never seen it come on. It's an '02. Been to Alaska, done 40k miles on it. And it comes on today.
What are the main culprits to look for. It runs strong. It sounds right. It's just the light.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Timbox2

You really need Tune ECU or similar to read the fault code, but a low battery voltage can trigger the light. 3 hot cold cycles will extinguish the light if the fault has gone
2016 Tiger Sport

Tiger-G

Hi   :icon_wink:

Agree with Tim......TuneECU is sooooo cheap to buy (it's just a cable), so it's worth getting to have a proper look at what going on.

Go on, treat yourself...an early xmas prezzie   :new_xmas
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

cba191

I'll have to do that. It happened shortly after I nearly bounced off the rev limiter.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Tiger-G

My '99 Tiger's engine check light kept coming on, and I just ignored it and ignored it. Can't remember now if it ever cut the power and went into a limp mode, but something tells me it did ?? It would go off after a while and all would be back to normal for a bit. Never did find out what was wrong with it, I just sold it on  :m
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.