News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

5 days without a post

Started by Timbox2, October 03, 2018, 08:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

I have a long suffering wife who has travelled Europe to motorcycle races for the last forty years with me,even 3 weeks back at the Aragon MotoGP at 37c and already booked the hotel for Le-Mans 24 Moto in April and the NW200 in May next year but even i'm Not crazy enough to drag my other half to Brands at this time of year to watch an absolutely dead cert BSB championship.

Re the ECU he was either a collector maniac or at some time he's blocked the ECU when he's been messing or it's a spare for when the shit comes through the hole underneath the ECU and the original goes belly up.

Re the lack of posts your just late to the party i'm Afraid by about 10 years  :icon_lol:

SteveFord

Here's a post:
I finally got around to comparing the dip sticks on the Sprint GT with my 06 Tiger and the Tiger's dipstick is shorter.
I think my oil consumption issue is due to it being overfilled thanks to the dipstick.  I read somewhere that they may have screwed them up back then.
Time will tell.

Chris Canning

It ain't the length of the dipstick it's the oil quantity there's plenty on here about such.

SteveFord

A short dipstick would lead you to have the incorrect oil quantity in there.
More interesting news is that I picked up an 03 Sprint ST yesterday so time to give it a bath and get the air out of the brake lines.

Chris Canning

Quote from: SteveFord on October 21, 2018, 12:07:29 PM
A short dipstick would lead you to have the incorrect oil quantity in there.

Think you'll find even on the 955 tiger their are two oil quantity's depending on the year all based on screwing the dipstick in.

Bixxer Bob

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.  I was having a happy  time with my Explorer till last week, started behaving like a 955 in traffic. 20k slightly overdue so started the service. New airfilter and plugs didnt cure it so now embarking on the Dealertool route (like TuneECU in the old days).  Meanwhile did the valve clearances. Inlets all mid tolerance, exhausts all bottom limit except 1,which is way too tight. Had a chat with Clive Wood who basically told me at length what a bastard job it was. So i isked him to do it and he said no, you're  capable o f doing it yourself. So i bought a manual and will get on with it. He did tell me the probable cause was a stretched valve and sent me lots of pics of Explorer engines that had dropped valves just to make me feel better. Twat. Anyway. Onward and upward as they say. Seasons, greetings etc....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Hiya John Boy  :icon_lol: still alive then  :icon_wink:

I've been driving Tim barmy for months about me getting rid or moth balling the old 955 but blimey with a few pennies spent on it running better than ever so the collection looks to get even bigger rather than replace it.

Looks like you'll be burning the midnight candle with your explorer  :icon_scratch:

Bixxer Bob

Its not unlike doing the 955 except it has a different chain tensioner and a, spider instead of traditional cam bearing caps. Its even tighter for space tho.  On the up side, throttle balance is done on the computer.  I looked at various ways to run it with the tank off as the hose doesn't reach fir running it alongside like the 955. Nost seem to extend the hose and wiring, but ive bought a fuel pump off ebay and an building a small box tank that will stand on the frame. Only cost 30 quid so billy bargain.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

London_Phil

Did you suffer with anymore blown fuse issues with the rad fan?. Any chance it got a bit too hot?

Timbox2

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on December 15, 2018, 07:08:22 PM
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.  I was having a happy  time with my Explorer till last week, started behaving like a 955 in traffic. 20k slightly overdue so started the service. New airfilter and plugs didnt cure it so now embarking on the Dealertool route (like TuneECU in the old days).  Meanwhile did the valve clearances. Inlets all mid tolerance, exhausts all bottom limit except 1,which is way too tight. Had a chat with Clive Wood who basically told me at length what a bastard job it was. So i isked him to do it and he said no, you're  capable o f doing it yourself. So i bought a manual and will get on with it. He did tell me the probable cause was a stretched valve and sent me lots of pics of Explorer engines that had dropped valves just to make me feel better. Twat. Anyway. Onward and upward as they say. Seasons, greetings etc....

Welcome back mate, I use Dealertool also now on the TS, mine also has the cam ladder, as well as adjustable timing gears and a couple of special tools needed. Checked mine at 12k and they were fine, gonna do em again soon as Im almost at 24K, but she is running sweet as a nut.
2016 Tiger Sport