News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MOT time

Started by Lee337, October 04, 2018, 12:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Well, having had my Girly for a few months, it's MOT time on Saturday.

Recently rebuilt the front brakes & given it a thorough check, so I'm not expecting anything other than a pass.  :thumbsup

Got tomorrow off, so a final look over & a nice long ride.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

HockleyBoy

Mine's got to go in Saturday, hopefully its all ok!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Lee337

Fingers crossed for us both then  :icon_salut:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Tiger-G

If you're mechanically minded getting a bike through an MOT is no big deal. Mind you, it does help if the MOT tester lives two doors up and is a good mate   :bad

Having said that.....he did give me a look of distain when checking my tyres, as I'd taken an angle grinder to them to "encourage" the tread pattern   :augie

Before it goes in, it's just a quick B.L.A.S.T.S. check: Brakes, lights 'n lectrics, accelerator, steering, tyres, and sundries (everything else).

In the UK, it's quite an easy test to pass, what's it like over in the States ??
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

The MOT in the UK is frankly a bit of a joke because it can be fiddled that easily its laughable never mind the fact that on brake discs there is no minimum wear limit can you believe that  :icon_eek:

Lee337

Out for a 150 mile blast today, wasn't meant to be, I was only going to go into town as a final check for the MOT but got carried away.

Tiger-G

Quote from: Lee337 on October 05, 2018, 07:57:57 PM
Out for a 150 mile blast today, wasn't meant to be, I was only going to go into town as a final check for the MOT but got carried away.

Lol, sometimes you've just got to go for a blast !!  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Lee337

Looked out of the window this morning, p1$$ing down outside,, there's a hole in my roof & I have a drip from the ceiling in the bathroom.

Despite this, I enjoyed my ride to the test station (all of 7 miles), got my MOT pass & had an equally enjoyable ride back.

Textiles now hanging up in the bathroom adding to the drip from the ceiling.  :thumbsup

Tiger-G

Quote from: Lee337 on October 06, 2018, 12:30:05 PM
Looked out of the window this morning, p1$$ing down outside,, there's a hole in my roof & I have a drip from the ceiling in the bathroom.

Despite this, I enjoyed my ride to the test station (all of 7 miles), got my MOT pass & had an equally enjoyable ride back.

Textiles now hanging up in the bathroom adding to the drip from the ceiling.  :thumbsup

Good stuff  :icon_wink:

Sounds as good as my 14 mile cycle home in the pi$$ing down rain this morning....oh how we laughed !!   :icon_sad:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.