News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ignition pick ups.

Started by rybes, October 28, 2018, 10:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

With parts for these bikes running out what do we do when they run out of pick ups?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

Plenty on ebay. Bought one recently as a spare.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rybes

I ordered one yesterday as mines playing up. Watch it die miles from home as it gets delivered the same da :ImaPoser
Speed triple motor? Tell me more nick as my English tiger needs a new engine

Nick Calne

I was talking to another notable member of this board about it as an idea a few months back.  We had independently considered the matter and just shared the thought that the 1050 engine in a steamer would be a very good idea. The right sort of engine for a steamer.  Bit more modern, quieter, but with the right feel.

I don't have the benefit of being retired or having very much time on my hands, but if I did I think I would get an old steamer that needed an engine and find an accident damaged speed triple and make what could be an amazing bike.

I have done nothing further, like check whether the engine would fit....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

Just change the cams,and re jet the carbs. Triumph should've put the Trident spec engine in the 'Steamer '. Just the same low down grunt,but more up top!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

ssevy

Quote from: threepot on October 30, 2018, 10:55:49 PM
Just change the cams,and re jet the carbs. Triumph should've put the Trident spec engine in the 'Steamer '. Just the same low down grunt,but more up top!
Don't forget the FCR-39 flatside carbs. Forget rejetting :wheel
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Timbox2

You could always ask Clive Woods to build you one of his specials, the Racing Steamer he built in the 90's was allegedly putting out 108 RWHP
2016 Tiger Sport

rybes

My English tigers got a trident engine. Was good till it died. The reverse gear shift took some getting used to but once I was used to it it was better than normal

rf9rider

Quote from: rybes on November 01, 2018, 08:31:54 PM
My English tigers got a trident engine. Was good till it died. The reverse gear shift took some getting used to but once I was used to it it was better than normal

Bit late now, but you could have turned the gear change linkage upside down to cure that!  :icon_smile:

threepot

I'm a bit lost?? English Tiger(you mean Hinckley made,not Asian )  Reverse gear linkage?😕
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rf9rider

Quote from: threepot on November 12, 2018, 04:19:16 PM
I'm a bit lost?? English Tiger(you mean Hinckley made,not Asian )  Reverse gear linkage?😕

Now Rybes is living abroad, he has an English Tiger, the one he took over from the UK, and one he bought over there.

If you turn the gear linkage over, it changes the gear change pattern from 1 down 5 up, to 1 up 5 down.  :icon_smile:

rybes

Yep exactly that. I have an English and a Danish registered tiger.