News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wow...

Started by Lee337, November 02, 2018, 01:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

they really are bad!   :icon_eek:

Having had a Honda Blackbird for over 12 years I thought I knew what poor headlights were. I was wrong.

First time riding my Girly after dark since I picked her up earlier in the year & they really are bad. I could have walked down the road with a lit Zippo & seen better.

I already knew about the dash lights so have LED replacements sitting on the bench waiting to be fitted, so I'm off to get some Osram Night breakers.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

HockleyBoy

They are not the best but I use the night breakers and they are a big improvement. I assume you have the additional relay so that both headlights are on at the same time dipped or high?
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Timbox2

If you think the  Girly lights are bad, try a first gen 1050 Tiger
2016 Tiger Sport

Lee337

Quote from: HockleyBoy on November 02, 2018, 05:25:02 PM
They are not the best but I use the night breakers and they are a big improvement. I assume you have the additional relay so that both headlights are on at the same time dipped or high?

Yep, have additional relays, just need a bulb change.

Quote from: Timbox2 on November 02, 2018, 05:50:24 PM
If you think the  Girly lights are bad, try a first gen 1050 Tiger

If the Girly headlights are anything to go by, no thanks  :icon_scratch:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Timbox2

I really dont remember mine being that awful?  Ok, think I put Night-Racer bulbs in but other than that?
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Not good I have to confess particularly after getting off my 1100s with HID.

If you do a search there is loads about HID but not a lot was done and not having to ride at night over took and desire to fix the problem.

Lee337

Night breakers on order, just need to find the time to fit them now.

Will post comparison pics if I remember.

Bixxer Bob

I run HID on my Blackbird, amazing difference, confident 100mph on the M6 at midnight.  Girly was a combination of nightbreakers and led spots
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

London_Phil

A recent bulb test in a magazine rated the Philips Xtreme Vision 130's as V good too

Timbox2

Quote from: London_Phil on December 15, 2018, 08:08:19 PM
A recent bulb test in a magazine rated the Philips Xtreme Vision 130's as V good too

Yep, and I just bought a pair for the TS, a much whiter light for sure
2016 Tiger Sport

Bigyam

i fitted the relays and the night breakers they are a lot better now ! i had to tweak the beams a bit as the other light that used to be for high beam was a tad higher than the other, !
I would be interested in knowing what led bulbs you got for the dash lights ?? By dash lights do you mean the idiot lights (Turn, high beam , oil etc ) or the clock illumination ?

Lee337

Dash lights replaced were the ones illuminating the dials & clock. I replaced the originals with T5's for the clock & tacho and T10's for the fuel, Temp and speedo. all in green.Cost less than £10 from ebay & so far they all still work.

On reflection I would probably have done better with orange, but green suits for the moment.

I left the idiot lights as they were as I've no problems seeing them.