News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How do I disable the clutch switch ??

Started by Simon885, November 03, 2018, 04:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon885

Hi all,
I have a problem where sometimes the neutral light doesn't come on (replaced the neutral switch, but it didn't make any difference) so the bike thinks it's in gear & I have to pull in the clutch to start it. Does anyone know how to properly disable the clutch switch?

Cheers.

tonytiger

No put if it helps, my neutral comes on but still have to hold the clutch in to start it.  :5moped

Lee337

My 955i is the same, can't start it without pulling the clutch in. You sure it's not designed that way?
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

98TIGA

I'm relatively sure that's by design (requiring disengagement of clutch in order to start). I know this is true of my '12 Bonneville also.
'98 Tiger, '12 Bonneville SE, '91 K100RS

Simon885

Hi all,
Nope, it's definitely not designed that way as I don't need to lift the clutch to start the bike if the neutral light is on. It always used to be ok, but has only started playing up in the last year or so.

rf9rider

The plate on the gearbox which the end of the neutral switch rubs on has probably worn inside the motor, if your neutral switch has a washer, try removing that, or there was a discussion about this on the Triumph rat forum as it seems a common issue with the older T400 motors, someone cured it by fitting a neutral switch from a Bonneville/Thunderbird (can`t remember) as the switch is longer.