News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sprag Clutch

Started by Sparky, November 05, 2018, 10:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

Well it's been a while since I posted here because I replaced the 1998 Tiger with an asian equivalent.   

The 885 triple engine left an impression, an opportunity presented itself that I could not resist and this followed me home a few weeks ago, 1995 Triumph Sprint 900.  Not exactly Tiger related but I cannot find a decent video or how to with pics on how to replace the sprag clutch on an 885 engine without the access plate.  I have found threads on multiple forums but all of the links to information are dead YouTube have videos on the earlier engines with an access cover or they are the 955 or 1050 engines.  I was hoping someone can help with information or pictures so I can get this older Triumph back on the road.  I do have the factory manual for reference.

Thanks
Chris

1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

Timbox2

Surely its in the factory manual?  Someone on here has done it before, all I know is,  its engine out, turn upside down, split crankcase............................
2016 Tiger Sport

London_Phil

I did send Mustang a 68 photo album from another site for replacing Sprag on an Adventurer, pretty much the same engine with slightly different covers. I  still have it, but it was too big to load to the TT site myself.
It was from another website, no longer available. Iif you want it. I can email, its only 5mb zipped.

Mustang

Lost it in hard drive crash.....

:bug_eye

London_Phil

Will resend, if it is helpful?

Mustang

here they are ........appearing in numerical order from 1 - 67

yah yeah yeah there isn't a #2............. :*&*

it's a picture story ...........no text just pictures

Mustang

Mustang

Mustang

Mustang

I know .....it's a t-bird . same thing .

Mustang

if you been paying attention there is no #37 ...............

Mustang

Mustang

Mustang

Sparky

Excellent, Thanks guys much appreciated.   :bowdown
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot