News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sprag Clutch

Started by Sparky, November 05, 2018, 10:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Ive got a T300 Triumph Service manual on my Google drive, not the best copy I agree, but its free:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mSSyHtOLCKiZ4SyOWmk_yv_UiizrR5x_
2016 Tiger Sport

Sparky

The engine is now back together waiting to be reinstalled in the frame everything went according to plan and the pics were helpful in knowing what to expect.  The one thing I did differently is to leave the clutch basket alone and lift it out of the case complete with the shaft and gears instead of removing the basket from the shaft.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

Sparky

Here's the finished product, new sprag clutch, bike was gone through top to bottom, new tires, new chain and sprockets, right side fairing was replaced and the tank repaired and repainted.

London_Phil

Wow Sparky.

That's Factory fresh.
Fantastic job

Timbox2

Very nice, always liked the look of the early Sprints, top job.
2016 Tiger Sport

Sparky

These old Hinckley Triumphs have some character it's nice to work on a bike that doesn't require a laptop and computer science degree to diagnose and it beats sitting around watching TV during winter evenings.  All the rebuild details here if anyone wants to kill some time:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/1995-triumph-sprint-900.1348113/

98TIGA

Thanks so much for documenting and sharing your experience with the rest of us! It warms my heart to see folks breathing new life into these machines.

We're such a throw-away society as a whole, and I really appreciate it whenever someone takes the time and trouble to ressurect the dead.

Great job!
'98 Tiger, '12 Bonneville SE, '91 K100RS

ssevy

Beautiful bike!
Love the early ones!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.