News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Boot

Started by Chris Canning, December 06, 2018, 09:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Nothing like a new rear tyre is there  :icon_biggrin:

HockleyBoy

Need one on mine if I don't replace it, probably stick with Pilot Road 4's, what have you got on yours?
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

It's a Sport Smart 2 which even Dunlop admit their crap  :icon_lol: wear wise the SS 1 was better and there's a new 3 coming out made the same way as the 1,but as I do a lot of ducking and diving in the bike trade cost me peanuts.

Your in a different situation having a work horse i'd Always keep an eye on what M+P are selling I bought a pair of Avon's earlier this year for 125 quid posted, put them on my K1200 and their really good even with my contacts couldn't Get anywhere near that kind of money.

HockleyBoy

I often buy from M&P in advance of when I need them if there is an offer, as you say their prices are really good and I don't care it the tyres have been on the shelf as I go through them pretty quickly.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Timbox2

I thought the Sportsmart 2 Max was pretty good, but grudgingly have to admit that new Road 5 from Mich is gonna take some beating, but yes the new Sportsmart 3 may be it
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Not too keen on the price but them Mich 5's are some tyre having done a few miles on such.

Lee337

Running Metzler Tourance on mine. I admit to going for the cheaper option when I changed them as the Michelin Anakee 3's that were on it when I got it were squared off.

Didn't really want 100% road tyres as living in the sticks,you never know what's on the road around the corner or how bad the road is.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Bixxer Bob

I still run Pirelli Scorpion Traill 2s although my last set weren't up to previous ones. They, for some reason, tramline. I have another set to go on so if these do the same its game over
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...