News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil filter change

Started by GavD, December 21, 2018, 11:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

Gents,
I'm doing a filter and oil change and I'm finding it a bit fiddly to get the small o ring in place on the end of the filter mounting shaft so that it screws up into the sump.
I'm also a bit confused as there is no evidence of the old one anywhere when I took the old filter out. I've run my finger around up inside where the filter housing screws into and I can't find any evidence of a lip where this o ring would sit against. All I can feel is the workings of the oil pump.

Am I being stoopid? :cp

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Merry Christmas all.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

GavD

OK I'm officially a Muppet, the small o ring goes at the bottom of the shaft where it goes through the round plate.
Glad I sussed that out before other people told me how stupid I am!

London_Phil

Did I just see someone mumble "Stupid GavD".....Or did they cross thier heart and say they only mouthed Merry Christmas????

GavD