News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Today

Started by Lee337, December 30, 2018, 07:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Gave the Tiger a good wash & polish today 😂

Couldn't take her out as headstock bearings need some attention.

Just thought I'd share.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

HockleyBoy

Rode mine to work as usual!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Tiger-G

As the UK roads were dry and salt free.........I took mine for a 10 mile spin to give all the mechanical parts a work out.

I used to just start it up and run it up to operating temp on the driveway, until someone on one of the Tiger forums mentioned that's why I was getting mayo in the oil over winter.......because the gearbox wasn't getting up to temp as well, and condensation was forming inside the casings. I now run it out on the road every couple of weeks. Still learning after 38 years of riding bikes, and 26 years of riding Tigers  :icon_salut:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

Quote from: HockleyBoy on December 31, 2018, 09:38:33 AM
Rode mine to work as usual!

Well we had a bit of a light bulb moment before Christmas decided that we'd had enough of work and that's we are done  :icon_biggrin:

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Chris Canning on January 01, 2019, 09:51:17 PM
Well we had a bit of a light bulb moment before Christmas decided that we'd had enough of work and that's we are done  :icon_biggrin:

Alright for some :icon_lol:

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Lee337

Back at work (some of us have to), but Tiger still in my garage awaiting some more TLC.

Should be back on the road by the weekend, just in time for the outside temp to plummet.

Maybe I'll just turn the garage heating on & sort out the heated grips instead, Hmmm...  :icon_scratch:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Timbox2

Used mine on Monday to Bristol and back:

Back road near the old Ferry Crossing at Aust.

Shes away undercover for a while now though I think, the salters are out
2016 Tiger Sport

threepot

Mine needs new clutch plates😕
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Lee337

A quick 50 mile spinlast weekend & was looking forward to something similar these weekend. Sadly, got man flu shot evenbeen out of the house for 3 days.

Bored now, want to get out again.

Lee337

Really nice & fresh out there today. only -2oC. Been out to to the garage & there's my Tiger waiting for me. If they'd gritted the roads I might go out, sadly the road outside the house is like a skating rink.

Maybe later when it thaws a little.

HockleyBoy

Been riding mine all through as the weather hasn't been too bad down here, bloody wet this morning on the way to work. New trousers needed!

Timbox2

-4c Friday, today +11c.  Salt everywhere though, mines staying put.
2016 Tiger Sport

Lee337

Yep, agree. Mine's staying in the garage. Will use the other half's car today instead.

Not using my car if I can help it  :icon_biggrin:

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Timbox2 on February 04, 2019, 09:49:19 PM
-4c Friday, today +11c.  Salt everywhere though, mines staying put.

When your bike has 125K miles on it and has been through a lot of uk winters without much cleaning, a bit more salt isn't going to affect the value much!

Chris Canning

Roads even good enough today to get the old girl out and ended up filtering in 6 miles of motorway traffic what joy  :icon_frown: