News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Today

Started by Lee337, December 30, 2018, 07:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 06, 2019, 05:54:59 PM
Roads even good enough today to get the old girl out and ended up filtering in 6 miles of motorway traffic what joy  :icon_frown:

Yep, also ventured out, Fuel map is adjusting nicely :icon_wink:
2016 Tiger Sport

Lee337

Tiger's in my garage today in a state of undress. Need to change the steering bearings. Job only partially done as most of the nuts holding the fender on are seized. I have replacements but I'll need to carefully cut a couple of them off.

Best left 'til the weekend I think
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Lee337

Decided to use the Tiger for my daily commute, not that it's far (only 20 miles) but it's nice to get out on her now the head bearings have been done.

May take the long route home later.  :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Tiger-G

It was Tiger's annual service this week, ready for the summer........oil and filter changed, air filter blown out, valve clearances checked, spark plugs checked and cleaned, throttle bodies balanced, rear brake caliper overhaul, and new rear wheel bearings.

Good to go........right, where's the sun ??  :*  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

PeteH

Time to read the help sections after our trip to Devon this weekend, backfiring all the way down and most of the way back?? occasionally cut out and the tick over was 1k. it was fine two weeks ago in the Lakes but did get extremely hot, I`m thinking vacuum pipes? Need to get sorted before the end of June..

Edit.. Problem found, bike stripped to reveal a vacuum pipe had come off, its also split where it fits onto stub so replacement needed.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Lee337

A relatively easy fix, I would think you're quite relieved at that  :icon_biggrin:

PeteH

Quote from: Lee337 on May 10, 2019, 02:08:04 PM
A relatively easy fix, I would think you're quite relieved at that  :icon_biggrin:
Yeah, easy enough fix, just have to take half the bike apart to do it, changed plugs and re oiled air filter. Oh, also did the fork oil, all good now  :bad
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Lee337

Did my fork oil when I replaced the headstock bearing a short while ago. Amazing the difference it makes. Now gonna have to think about a new rear shock when pennies allow.

Tiger-G

Quote from: Lee337 on June 04, 2019, 03:32:30 PM
Did my fork oil when I replaced the headstock bearing a short while ago. Amazing the difference it makes. Now gonna have to think about a new rear shock when pennies allow.

Think I'm due a new rear shock on my 2006. Bike feels terrible on A & B roads, bounces all over  :icon_frown:

It's just the thought of spending all that money on a shock !!  :bug_eye
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Geoff W

I have recently replaced my worn out Hagon after 30-35K miles with a Wilbers shock. It really is very good indeed. Following advice on here I waited until they did the "Oktoberfest" special offer, 10% off. If you can wait that long. Otherwise the Hagon is quite good, and a bit cheaper, I have worn out two of those. Not sure what you can do about rebuilding the original, I have one sat in my shed if you want to make an offer for it, it will need re-gassing at the very least.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Tiger-G

Quote from: Geoff W on June 11, 2019, 11:46:57 AM
I have recently replaced my worn out Hagon after 30-35K miles with a Wilbers shock. It really is very good indeed. Following advice on here I waited until they did the "Oktoberfest" special offer, 10% off. If you can wait that long. Otherwise the Hagon is quite good, and a bit cheaper, I have worn out two of those. Not sure what you can do about rebuilding the original, I have one sat in my shed if you want to make an offer for it, it will need re-gassing at the very least.

Thanks for the info Geoff, I can indeed wait a bit longer........as I've needed a new shock for a good few years now, a few more months won't make much more of a difference, lol !!  :icon_eek: . Are they as adjustable as the OEM ??
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Geoff W

They come in two variations for the Steamer, a standard which I have , adjustable with a spanner, but built to your weight and riding style, depending on luggage and pillion. And an adjustable with a remote thing to play with, more expensive, and looked to be more for track day racer wannabe's. Which is certainly not my style of riding. :rrr
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Lee337

Been looking around & may just send my existing shock off to get rebuilt. Somewhat cheaper than buying a new one but will still have to wait, the 4 wheel toy needs new tyres first.

Geoff W

Where do you send it to? I have not found anyone around here who rebuilds shocks.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Lee337

if you google (other search engines are available) 'Motorcycle Shock rebuild' you'll get a few come up.

I have my eye on Brook Suspension but have yet to try them so can't say if they're any good, but the ones I've looked at all seem to start around £130 for a basic rebuild.