News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Today

Started by Lee337, December 30, 2018, 07:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Back on the bench today for a quick rear brake pad replacement & had to change the horn as the one on the Tigger stopped working. A nice £2.58 eBay special seems to work ok (the horn, not the brake pads).  :icon_mrgreen:

Also noticed that she's now done 60027 miles & still sweet as...   :wheel
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

PeteH

Today I started to tidy the shed and assemble all the stuff I no longer require for the Speed and Tigger. all the standard stuff that I should have put back on before I let her go  :BangHead
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Timbox2

Quote from: Geoff W on June 11, 2019, 11:46:57 AM
I have recently replaced my worn out Hagon after 30-35K miles with a Wilbers shock. It really is very good indeed. Following advice on here I waited until they did the "Oktoberfest" special offer, 10% off. If you can wait that long. Otherwise the Hagon is quite good, and a bit cheaper, I have worn out two of those. Not sure what you can do about rebuilding the original, I have one sat in my shed if you want to make an offer for it, it will need re-gassing at the very least.

I got 20% off for Oktoberfest in 2017, think it is normally 10 though. Brought a £670 shock down to £540. I realise that we all have a budget but the general consensus is the OE shocks arent really worth rebuilding. I put a brand new old stock OE shock on my last 955 before selling it and it was pretty poor compared to the Wilbers that I took off.
2016 Tiger Sport

Lee337

Finally, after just over a year of ownership, I've finally got round to sorting the clock/trip issue.

Turns out it was the purple wire going into the 8 block connector that had broken.

I now have no excuse when I tell the Missus I'll be back by dinner time & no longer have to rely in the fuel gauge to guess when I need to fill up.  :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Lee337

Was late back from a ride on Saturday.

As predicted, as soon as I walked the missus said 'I thought you said you'd fixed the clock on your bike'.

Will have to think up some more excuses.  :^_^

Geoff W

I managed a nice 3 1/2 hour ride out on my Steamer while my daughter took my wife to see toy Story 4, ( you are never too old). Good weather and I managed a traffic free traverse of Hartside Pass. Absolutely no other vehicles on my side of the road for 15 miles or so, and very little coming the other way. What a stress free joy to do. Shame the cafe is still closed after the fire. It is for sale for £300,000 for the adventurous and catering minded.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Nick Calne

Nice Geoff. The cafe has been across my desk from agents a few times now. I am surprised that no one has taken the bait.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Tiger-G

Quote from: Geoff W on August 06, 2019, 10:44:20 PM
I managed a nice 3 1/2 hour ride out on my Steamer while my daughter took my wife to see toy Story 4, ( you are never too old). Good weather and I managed a traffic free traverse of Hartside Pass. Absolutely no other vehicles on my side of the road for 15 miles or so, and very little coming the other way. What a stress free joy to do. Shame the cafe is still closed after the fire. It is for sale for £300,000 for the adventurous and catering minded.

Shame about Hartside cafe, always a great breakfast there and a great view before heading down into the Lakes.

Every now and again I wonder what happened to the two Steamers I had. I wonder if they're still going strong, or have been written off in a crash ??
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

London_Phil

To check the status, use the mot check website, or the mid database to see if still road legal?

Tiger-G

Quote from: London_Phil on August 12, 2019, 02:24:50 PM
To check the status, use the mot check website, or the mid database to see if still road legal?

Good idea  :icon_salut:

Can't remember the reg of my 93 Steamer ??

My "N" reg was still getting an MOT up to May 2014 and is now SORN.
My "T" reg was still getting an MOT up to July 2015 and is now SORN.

Both have less miles on them than my current 2006 !!  :icon_lol:

Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

JayDub

Quote from: Nick Calne on August 07, 2019, 09:52:37 PM
Nice Geoff. The cafe has been across my desk from agents a few times now. I am surprised that no one has taken the bait.
Apparently a woman is looking into buying it, with a view of building a modern glass/steel bikers metropolis type of thing.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Tiger-G

Quote from: JayDub on August 14, 2019, 06:57:30 PM
Apparently a woman is looking into buying it, with a view of building a modern glass/steel bikers metropolis type of thing.

Looking at that proposed modern monstrosity, it will lose all its character   :icon_sad:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Tiger-G on August 15, 2019, 10:57:04 AM
Looking at that proposed modern monstrosity, it will lose all its character   :icon_sad:

True, but at least there will be something there which is probably better than nothing!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Geoff W

It still seems to be a lot of money for a car park on top of a hill in the Pennines.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?