News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Today

Started by Lee337, December 30, 2018, 07:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Condolences from me too blimey that has really struck home particularly at this time of year i've A mate similar circumstances thanks heavens for motorcycles they really do have more than one use.

All the very Best

Chris.

Lee337

Decided to fit some aftermarket fog/spot lights to the 955i.

For the last few weeks I've noticed a faint smell of petrol every time I opened the garage door. I suspected it was the 2nd Tiger I bought at around the same time as the smell appeared.

Turns out it was my silver 955i. While fitting one of the spot lights I noticed the smell was stronger on the right side of the bike, & the powder coating on the engine bars was bubbling.

On closer inspection one of the hose connectors that link the front of the tank to the back was leaking. When I unscrewed it, it just fell apart. Not sure really how long it had been leaking but over my last two fill ups, the mpg had dropped by around 4mpg.

New one now on order from Fowlers & with lights fitted, I'm just waiting for the part so I can refit the tank. Now we're also in lockdown, who knows when I'll be out & about again.

At least I have 3 Triumphs in the garage to play with.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

HockleyBoy

Unfortunately the current situation has given us all more garage time than riding time. I am even missing the commute to work!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

London_Phil

Likely next summer, or hopefully late this one will see a vast array of highly polished, and fully serviced Bikes.....Stay safe everyone

Chris Canning

Currently changed the oil on 3 bikes and yesterday(our wedding anniversary...) de-catting my KTMGT and fitting dongles after taking the 02 sensors off,don't every complain about working on a Tiger(any)..... too my amazement started like a good'un with no warning lights  :icon_biggrin:

Geoff W

Rebuilt my front master cylinder today, still can't get all the air out, but test ride was ok, if not spectacular braking, pretty standard for a Steamer.The test trip was to buy food, the government don't say that you have to take the most direct route to your local supermarket.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Nick Calne

A new steamer battery arrive at Chateau Nick calne today.
New disk brakes tomorrow.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Lee337

Rear brake on my recent purchase is seized. Gave it a good clean yesterday without removing it from the bike, just removed the pads but it's still sticking.

Going to remove it completely later, strip the pistons out & rebuild it.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

threepot

My bikes been layed up in a friend's garage for several months. Managed to get it out before the 'lockdown '. Needs a bit of 'tlc '!😕 But I'm making progress! Even though I drained the carbs,not running right. Cleaned the carbs twice!😣
95 Super111
96 Tiger

London_Phil

Quote from: threepot on March 27, 2020, 03:56:02 PM
My bikes been layed up in a friend's garage for several months. Managed to get it out before the 'lockdown '. Needs a bit of 'tlc '!😕 But I'm making progress! Even though I drained the carbs,not running right. Cleaned the carbs twice!😣

Might be wanting a longer lockdown.......

Nick Calne

New battery for the steamer today. Nothing else to report other than it looked lovely outside. :m
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Tiger-G

Today (well, a couple of days ago).......I sold my Tiger  :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Lee337

Is that you changing your user name to Tigerless-G or are you planning on another one?  :icon_mrgreen:

Tiger-G

Ha,ha.....it's an Explorer for me next. Don't want to do it, said I'd never do it until they put a big enough fuel tank on it to be able go places, but needs must  :icon_sad:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

BONANZA

I wouldn't worry about range on the explorer, I went right round Europe on mine last year as far as Bulgaria and was getting at least 200 mls to a tank by which time I would think yould be stopping anyway.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple