News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Today

Started by Lee337, December 30, 2018, 07:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Quote from: BONANZA on April 04, 2020, 10:14:34 AM
I wouldn't worry about range on the explorer, I went right round Europe on mine last year as far as Bulgaria and was getting at least 200 mls to a tank by which time I would think yould be stopping anyway.

Hmmmm.......it's been discussed at length, with different people having different idea's on what range a big trailie should have, so no need for me to dig all that up again  :icon_wink:  Personally, I'd still prefer more range just to be on the safe side, but hey, it is what it is  :icon_sad:

I still need to test ride an Explorer Bonanza, so as you're close to me, feel free to let me borrow yours for the day  :icon_biggrin:

Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Lee337

Not riding at the moment, so over the weekend, washed & polished my Silver Tiger, stripped the brake caliper, ready for new pistons & seals on my Blue Tiger & stripped the clutch master cylinder on my 1993 Trophy (not a Tiger I know but still Triumph & in my garage).

I even got a round to washing & polishing my car, mowed the lawn & cleared the path of weeds.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Lee337 on April 06, 2020, 12:49:41 PM
Not riding at the moment, so over the weekend, washed & polished my Silver Tiger, stripped the brake caliper, ready for new pistons & seals on my Blue Tiger & stripped the clutch master cylinder on my 1993 Trophy (not a Tiger I know but still Triumph & in my garage).

I even got a round to washing & polishing my car, mowed the lawn & cleared the path of weeds.

Steady, you will have nothing to do when winter arrives at this rate!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Lee337

Quote from: HockleyBoy on April 07, 2020, 08:53:41 AM
Steady, you will have nothing to do when winter arrives at this rate!

believe me, there's plenty to do. I still have a 1989 Honda CB-1 stripped & ready to go once the Trophy's been done.  :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Lee337

Took the Tiger out for a nice 115 mile run yesterday. A bit chilly out but still not had to use the R&G heated grips Mrs L bought me for Xmas last year.

Just got to find time to give it a clean now, lots of mud on the roads around South Lincs.  :wheel

London_Phil

800XC sitting in the garage with wheels and swing arm off, after I realised the PO had done some mud plugging, and all wheel seals were shot, and the OEM spacers were heavily grooved.
Got Some titanium wheel spacers from VFRPaul on the T800 Forum, and all the bearings and seals have arrived from Showeperformance.
Marathon replacement and rear suspension clean and re-grease planned.

HockleyBoy

Took the Sport out for a run Sunday as the weather was good. Job for the weekend is to wire up the satnav so I don't have to keep recharging it
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

I went out for a 100 mile run last week, nice weather although a lot of mud and leaves about.

And for those of you who know, this was fun, so you can all F**k off  :pottytrain2 :pottytrain2 :pottytrain2 :rfl

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Lee337

Moved the tank from in front of the car to the back of the garage while Tigger is off the road. Small electrical problem I now suspect is down to the ignition.

No indicators, no stop light, no horn. The only commonality I can find is an Orange/Green wire that routes through the ignition. Going to have to wait until the weekend though as I'm busy at work this week.

Geoff W

Took the carbs off for a long overdue rebuild. Found that one of the vacuum take off points was open to the atmosphere, as the cover has disappeared, I have little knowledge of carbs, but I assume that this not a good thing. If I cannot find a replacement cover I assume that shoving a cocktail stick or similar in the tube will suffice?
All opinions gratefully accepted.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

London_Phil

Quote from: Geoff W on January 05, 2021, 06:49:52 PM
Took the carbs off for a long overdue rebuild. Found that one of the vacuum take off points was open to the atmosphere, as the cover has disappeared, I have little knowledge of carbs, but I assume that this not a good thing. If I cannot find a replacement cover I assume that shoving a cocktail stick or similar in the tube will suffice?

That would really upset the jetting and balance of the carbs, I suspect, and probably create a rougher than normal ride..
If its just the small black rubber bung, I might have one kicking about... I'll check..

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Geoff W on January 05, 2021, 06:49:52 PM
If I cannot find a replacement cover I assume that shoving a cocktail stick or similar in the tube will suffice?

:bug_eye  :nono A little bit of plastic hose, seal one end off with hot glue, silicone sealant or even melt the end over with a soldering iron. Now would be a good time to do a carb balance.

Thought just occurred, was there a Scottoiler connected at any time  :icon_scratch:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

You probably have little rubber hoses that are closed on one end, just for this purpose. Measure the diameter and check with your local bike/car parts store.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Geoff W

Thank you for the advice, yes there was a Scotoiler fitted many moons ago, but I binned it as most of the oil went on the wheel. I did replace the vacuum cover , but it seems to have gone for a walk. Probably explains why she feels like she is running on two cylinders until I get to high revs.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

GavD

Good to hear she's still running Geoff. News like that makes me feel like mine has still got many years left in her. :mut
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S