News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Today

Started by Lee337, December 30, 2018, 07:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Geoff W on January 06, 2021, 11:39:55 AM
Probably explains why she feels like she is running on two cylinders until I get to high revs.

:*&* There should also be a small wire (2mm dia) clip on each cap, there to stop them popping off in the unlikely event of a backfire. If you get stuck Geoff give me a should and I'll do a Cpt Scott into the garage to see if I can find a spare.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Geoff W

Aesthetically I prefer the cocktail stick with a Tiger Prawn skewered on it, perhaps locked in place with a silverskin onion, as a solution. But I shall bow to your greater engineering knowledge and go with the molten plastic jammed in as tightly as possible method. :mut
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Bixxer Bob

Right you lot,   :cp get in line and post this where it's supposed to be posted. We'll have none if this "leave it to the mods to Tidy up" in 'ere. :icon_lol:

Mustang was very particular about housekeeping; I'm going to do my best to carry on where he left off   :occasion14
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Geoff W on January 08, 2021, 10:53:06 AM
cocktail stick with a Tiger Prawn skewered on it, perhaps locked in place with a silverskin onion

You've still got it Geoff  :*&*
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Lee337

Removed the bearings from my rear wheel in anticipation of receiving the new ones by post before the weekend - not that I'm going anywhere but the garage to fit them.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Geoff W

I decided to splash some cash on a set of aluminium carburettor caps. Very nice indeed, but £33.00 a piece, what the hell, El Tigre doesn't many treats and really hasn't cost me much over the twenty years I have had her. Or more likely I can't remember how much I have actually spent.
On a side note I had my first dose of the Pfizer covid vaccine today, I can confirm the rumour of the Bill Gates microchip embedded in the solution, I now have his bank account access codes, so if anyone needs the odd £5 million let me know, he won't miss it. :icon_biggrin:
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Lee337

I saw that Sprint Manufacturing sold aluminium carb caps & nearly bought some for the Trophy. But, like you say £30+ was a little too much for my taste when the plastic ones are considerably cheaper and hidden under the tank.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

Quote from: Geoff W on January 22, 2021, 06:13:44 PM
On a side note I had my first dose of the Pfizer covid vaccine today, I can confirm the rumour of the Bill Gates microchip embedded in the solution, I now have his bank account access codes, so if anyone needs the odd £5 million let me know, he won't miss it. :icon_biggrin:
You can send me some of that. It would cover running the forum for a couple of weeks at least. ;)  :mut
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Geoff W on January 22, 2021, 06:13:44 PM
Or more likely I can't remember how much I have actually spent.

:ImaPoser Hang in there until it kicks in properly, by which time you'll be nearly ready for a software update too  :mut

I do think I might splurge on a CNC alloy fuel tap knob (Trophy).

Geoff W

Ghulst if you need contributions to fund the site, just ask. We all know that nothing is free. More than happy to send you some Euros.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Lee337

I second that, the money this site has saved me could probably buy many beers.  :notworthy

ghulst

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate that. Yes, running the site costs money, but I also want to find a proper way to set up a way to contribute.

But thoughts on the best way to do this in a sustainable way are very welcome. ;) (I mean, it is not just a one-time thing. ;) )

Lee337

I'm a member of one forum ( Honda Blackbird) despite no longer owning that specific bike where we pay an annual sub, £5.50 from memory.there are some restrictions for non paying members, such as limited posts & a few chat areas that can't be accessed.

A small enough amount to pay site costs without scaring potential members off. I suspect the site has more members than this site though, so there may be some work needed to recruit more members for you to break even.

ghulst

I am not sure I would want to restrict any parts of the forum to a paying-members-only thing. One of the main reasons I wanted to keep the forum alive, is to preserve the wealth of information and the spirit of the community. I am not sure that remains the same when you put a paywall in anywhere... A voluntary donation would work fine for me. As long as we can cover the costs, then we should be golden. The biggest problem is, how can we make that something that returns every year. ;)

Sin_Tiger