News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

data tool alarm, programming new fob

Started by arielAl, January 10, 2019, 10:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arielAl

I'm hoping someone is familiar with this, I lost the original alarm fob so had to turn off the system, found a brand new one in in Minnesota, thanks Chuck, problem- instructions say to leave purple wire free, ok, and connect green wire to the green/purple wire then connect both to battery +. there is no green/purple wire! I don't want to fry anything by trial and error, help?

arielAl

Update, this concerns the series 2 / compact 2 alarm, with transmitter / key fob A9800002 single button with grey writing.
I bit the bullet and went ahead with trial and error, On the alarm plug I ignored the green/ purple wire that isn't there, left 2 purple disconnected, connected both green together and those then to battery +ve. ignition on, press transmitter button, beep, wait 5 secs, press again, beep beep. Phew!
Replace wires as was. Sorted. :wings
I hope this helps anyone else.
And if anyone has a spare key fob lying in a drawer they no longer need, I could do with a spare....

Timbox2

Quote from: arielAl on January 25, 2019, 12:22:05 PM
Update, this concerns the series 2 / compact 2 alarm, with transmitter / key fob A9800002 single button with grey writing.
I bit the bullet and went ahead with trial and error, On the alarm plug I ignored the green/ purple wire that isn't there, left 2 purple disconnected, connected both green together and those then to battery +ve. ignition on, press transmitter button, beep, wait 5 secs, press again, beep beep. Phew!
Replace wires as was. Sorted. :wings
I hope this helps anyone else.
And if anyone has a spare key fob lying in a drawer they no longer need, I could do with a spare....

I'll have a search, Ive removed and binned 2 Datatool alarms from 2 955 Tigers, cant remember the type though, single grey button does sound familiar. Each to there own but I refer to all Bike alarms as "Auto Battery Flateners"

*Update*  Sorry, no luck mate, just found a spare plipper and its a later 2 Button type
2016 Tiger Sport