News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK TT Meet 2019

Started by mat-tiger1, February 02, 2019, 07:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Hello Everyone!  :wave It's coming round to that time of year again to try & decide where and when we might want to have a meet up and a ride out together!  :nod

Usually, it takes us so long to decide where and when to meet, I thought now is the best time to light the blue touch paper and sit back & watch the fireworks!  :rfl

Usual format is, suggestions for location/s followed by a poll to find the most popular, then similarly for when the meet should be held polling once again for the most popular date/s. :icon_cool:

Our illustrious Modulators will I'm sure be on the ball keeping the thread on track and providing the necessary polls as things progress. :notworthy

In years gone by we have met up and ridden out in The Peak District, Wiltshire, Yorkshire, Scotland, The Cotswolds, Mid Wales, Northumberland to name but a few. :occasion14

Personally, as long as I have enough notice to arrange time off work (& with SWMBO :icon_salut:) and the meet doesn't fall either during the last week of April or the middle of September (holidays booked with family) I can do pretty much anywhere in the UK or Europe with either a long weekend or a maybe a week at a push.  :icon_cool:

So come on, let's hear those suggestions,  :ear be adventurous & creative. But most of all, don't forget somewhere to eat, drink & of course sleep!! :icon_scratch:

Looking forward to hearing those suggestions!  :thumbsup

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Lee337

No suggestions myself but am watching with interest.

I promised myself I'd ride more this year (after a disastrous 3 years) so if I can get permission, I could be up for it.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Nick Calne

I have more time to ride and do longer weekends this year.  Count me in.  Ready to go where ever the group decides.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

Devon/Cornwall? I've been to the ABR Xmas meet a couple of times. They use the 'Big Sheep ' nr Abbotsham. Bunkhouse and camping,and a nice pub nearby?
Picos mountains,Spain?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

GavD

The big sheep also has it's own brewery, AND they have sheep racing for the gamblers amongst us!

I reckon the IOW crew need to show their faces again. I've got a weekend in May and 10 days in July that are out, other than that I should be Ok.

Location wise, anywhere is better for riding than our little rock in the channel
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

HockleyBoy

No idea if I will be able to finally get along to one of these this year, but if you are looking for a really nice Devon location;-

http://theplumeoffeathersdartmoor.co.uk/

Campsite right at the back of the pub, bunkhouse, B&B, good food, excellent beer, facilities are good for the campers and right in the middle of Dartmoor.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

PeteH

I`m up for a run this year, Hockleyboys suggestion looks good. Just need to sort dates for hols with swsbo  :nod
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Nick Calne

Yup let's go.

Dates then...

aesdj

I'm in were ever it is and it looks like it's already been decided that it's Devon which is fine by me and that's got to be a record. Very nice of HockneyBoy to volunteer to arrange it this year as well :><  :icon_lol:.

Lee337

Devon sounds good. I grew up in North Devon so it might give me the excuse I need to have a few days away.

(Yes, I know it's a big county but Mrs L's geography isn't that good)
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Mart

Devon sounds good to me - on my doorstep!

Nick Calne

Can we do May?

The month I mean, not the Prime Minister. That would be disgusting especially as a group event.

Lee337

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 06, 2019, 09:40:37 PM
Can we do May?

The month I mean, not the Prime Minister. That would be disgusting especially as a group event.

although some say the Eurocrats have already 'done' her.

mat-tiger1

Anymore suggestions anyone??  :5huh

Or is it time for a where / when poll yet??  :^_^

Any moderators listening in?  :ear
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.