News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Tigertriple Trip 2019 to Devon or that sort of direction tbc

Started by Nick Calne, February 12, 2019, 05:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

GavD

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

threepot

Book that date Nick? We can plan some rides after? Plenty of nice roads around there..
I know a guy on the Hinckley owners club that lives in that area. Maybe he can help? I will contact him.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

GavD

I can't do that weekend.

Don't worry cos in June, every weekend there was always at least one of us that couldn't do it, so i think we're gonna look at going somewhere in July or Aug.

Make sue you post some pics.
:thumbsup
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Nick Calne

Pity! It would have been good to catch up with the IoW crew. :occasion14

aesdj

So just to be clear, it's already been decided that it's the 29-30th June at the Plume of Feathers in Devon. Yes, correct?

Nick Calne

It seems the day people could do... the most inclusive option.

I don't know by what process it formally gets decided other than we all agree but yes the current proposal is 29/30 plume of feathers.

PeteH

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Nick Calne

EDIT: 4/3/19 no.5

Here's your runners and riders...

In:
Mat tiger
Three pot
Pete H
Nickcalne
My mate Chris
London Phil
Dave Parker

Undecided:
John stenhouse
Bixxer bob
John W
Spud
Geoff W

No go:
GavD, Ted and Mo

Yet to confirm preference:
Lee 337
Aesdj
Mart
Hockley boy

People that normally come along I haven't heard from:
Black tiger- he's in New Zealand

Filing applications for leave with other half:
Sin tiger

threepot

Quote from: GavD on February 25, 2019, 07:33:51 PM
I can't do that weekend.

Don't worry cos in June, every weekend there was always at least one of us that couldn't do it, so i think we're gonna look at going somewhere in July or Aug.

Make sue you post some pics.
:thumbsup
Wales Gav?😉 I'm up for it!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Geoff W

If all is ok , I will turn up and pitch my tent. I cannot commit that far ahead at the moment. I have friends in Somerset, so I can see them on the way if time allows.
Don't count me in ,but if possible I may just turn up.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

PeteH

Do we need to get booking? are we doing it as a group and if so there`s two bunkhouses, trouble is with the old bunkhouse is that you have to provide bedding so maybe the new one if everyone`s up for sharing...

PeteH

Quote from: threepot on February 24, 2019, 10:04:37 PM
I know a guy on the Hinckley owners club that lives in that area. Maybe he can help? I will contact him.
Chester RAT are staying at the Union Road Moto-Velo in Crediton over May bank holiday so will be doing a bit of riding in the area. Will have a word with our ride organiser as he uses and tweeks routes on a ride page or something, always comes up with some nice roads  :nod

Nick Calne

I'll phone the Plume of Feathers and ask Pete.

Good work on the routes. If you have a look at ABR they have some routes in their collection. The best one seems to be the coast to coast dartmoor to exmoor one. If we did that sort of thing it is coming out at 150 to 200 miles. Perfect length for an all day ride out.