News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Motad Venom cans

Started by Mart, February 14, 2019, 09:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mart

I'm thinking of fitting a pair of Motad Venom cans to my Steamer.
The ad says no rejetting is needed, but I've fitted a K&N filter element into the air box.

Does anyone have any experience of this combination? Chances of getting away without rejetting?

Thanks for any advice.

Mustang

Keihins or mikunis ?

Personally I would try the stock jetting first
Most likely it will be lean in the pilot circuit. (This is where a steamer spends 99 percent of it's time when riding) .
Which has a little wiggle room for adjustment with the pilot air screws.
And if it needs bigger mains you shouldn't need to go up more than 1 or 2 sizes

Mart

rybes

I've got the same set up as you, k&n and venoms on with sprint mikuni carbs. Had it on the rolling road and according to the operator the jetting was spot on. Obviously there's a lot of variables for jetting this how my engine was set up
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mart

Venom cans on their way!

Thanks guys

Timbox2

Quote from: Mart on February 20, 2019, 10:19:02 AM
Venom cans on their way!

Thanks guys

Im curious where youre getting the Venoms from as Motad as most knew it has gone out of business
2016 Tiger Sport

Mart

Some firm on Ebay bought the last ones from the administrators.
I fitted them at the weekend, and although the cans were fine, the link pipes hadn't been finished correctly. No clamping slots cut, and the pipes were about 30 mm too long.

richierich75

I'm curious too whether can get hold of a pair

Mart

There were another pair on Ebay from the same vendor. Search for Tiger 900 exhaust.

richierich75